|Title||Communications Manager I
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
Our Communications Manager will help implement media communications plans, draft and edit communications material, as well as pitch and interact with the media. A successful candidate will be deadline-focused and keep a keen eye on deliverables, budgets and be intellectually curious.In this role it is essential to be proficient with budget tracking, development, managing resources and quickly communicating information in a clear and concise manner. It is also essential that our Communications Manager have strong writing and communications skills. Communcations/Public Relations experience is a must with agency and/or journalism experience a plus.
- Serve as writer/editor and help set direction on development of releases, messages and other press materials.
- Serve as corporate communications representative in M&A due diligence; draft and execute communications plans.
- Outline strategy and develop communications messaging related to stakeholder issues.
- Help coordinate global programs; ensuring that global markets have relevant materials for program launches.
- Work with agency to develop media relations strategies, goals, media targets and pitch angles.
- Interact with media from pitching strategic programs to coordinating media interviews.
- Assist in the development of long-term plans and program recommendations, developing budgets, generating recommendations and creating presentations.
- University Degree in Communication, Marketing or Business Administration or a related field.
- Strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking.
- Proven success working with trade and national business media, bloggers and other influencers.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communications, from corporate news releases to executive talking points.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple work streams.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines.
- Crisis and Issue management experience is a plus as well.
|Compensation & Benefits||