|Company||Duluth Trading Company
|Title||Senior Digital Art Director
At Duluth, we’re a band of hellbent tinkerers and taunters. We never take ourselves too seriously. But that doesn’t stop us from triple-stitching the extra stitch and doubling down on extra durable fabric. It’s never gotten in the way of putting gussets places nobody dreamed gussets could go. It’s never hindered the un-plumbering of a butt. It doesn’t matter if it’s men’s underwear or women’s overalls. What matters — all that matters — is that we outthink, outsmart and outcraft average in everything we do.
Duluth Trading Company’s television ads are a reflection of our unique culture that is anything but average. We’re growing fast, and taking care of business through our website, catalogs, and retail stores.
If you like the sounds of all this, you might just be the perfect next addition to our team. We have corporate office locations just outside of Madison, Wis. (in Belleville and Mt. Horeb), and retail stores across the Midwest.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
If you’ve seen our national ads, looked at our website, or huddled up with our catalogs, you understand that Duluth Trading does things differently. From our ingenious workwear for men and women to our ability to tell one heckuva story, Duluth gets our jollies poking all things average with a big pointy stick. It’s what drives our creative culture.
In this role you will set the stylistic and artistic direction of interactive assets for the men’s and women’s brands that are visually compelling, engaging and able to drive revenue in e-mail, web and social channels. You will collaborate with designers, illustrators, copywriters and agency partners, as well as business, merchandising and e-commerce managers, to concept actionable design solutions from concept to completion.
Must have proven ability to work in fast-paced retail and/or e-commerce setting. Experience running e-mail campaigns a plus.
What You’ll Love:
- Being a part of an innovation-driven organization that is growing fast, and taking care of business through catalog, web and retail stores.
- Working on a team that makes retail workwear for customers who are smart, straight-talking folks who do everything from pounding nails to shoeing horses and pitching bales.
- POKING AVERAGE IN THE EYE!
What You’ll Do:
- Position will work with the Senior Digital Art Director and Web team in the following duties: Concept, design, code and test new e-mail templates and hundreds of e-mails each year.
- Create or manipulate graphics as needed/directed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Actively participate in weekly digital meetings with cross-functional teams including Creative, E-Mail, Web and Business teams.
- Manage routing and revision process with e-mail and web testing programs and teams.
- Assist the e-mail production process by pulling necessary elements from asset libraries.
What We’re Looking for:
- Proven ability to function at a high creative conceptual level AND roll up sleeves to do the work
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design/Art or comparable field of study
- Minimum 6-8 years of job-related experience
- Advertising or Digital Agency experience is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong sense of design and user experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have expertise in:
- Adobe Creative Suite including PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustration
- HTML coding
- YesMail (or e-mail vendor) and/or SalesForce/DemandWare (or e-commerce platform vendor) experience beneficial
The responsibilities outlined in this position description are a guideline for the general duties of the position and are not exhaustive of all duties inherent in the job. Duluth Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer.
|Compensation & Benefits||
You won’t hear "average" from us when it comes to employee benefits.
- Medical Insurance, with deductible and co-insurance supplemented with a HRA (Healthcare Reimbursement Account)
- Life Insurance for you and your family
- 401K with Company Match and you are vested in all of it immediately
- A generous Paid Time Off plan
- Enjoy your birthday off paid each year
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Company-paid Short-term and Long-term Disability insurance
- Casual Dress everyday
- Fantastic Employee Discount on all that Duluth-tough gear Company
- Wellness Program
- Workplace CSA (Community Supported Agriculture)
- Raucous Employee Activities like ballgame outings, bowling tournaments, even a rubber band gun target shooting contest at our last company picnic!