|Company||Focus on Energy - CB&I
|Title||Senior Public Relations and Media Specialist
CB&I serves as the Program Administrator for the Focus on Energy program, which is Wisconsin’s state-wide energy efficiency program. CB&I is responsible for designing and managing program operations; measuring, tracking and reporting results; marketing, outreach and community engagement; and providing engineering and technical resources. This position is based in Madison, WI.
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
CB&I is looking for a motivated and experienced media relations and public relations subject matter expert to join the Focus on Energy Marketing Communications Team, in Madison, WI. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director, the Senior Public Relations and Media Specialist is responsible for creating and managing Focus on Energy’s media strategy, with a primary focus on Wisconsin media (state-wide & local outlets). The person hired for this position will be responsible for executing strategic PR campaigns and media activities to generate a positive awareness of Focus on Energy, our mission and our portfolio of programs. CB&I serves as the Program Administrator for the Focus on Energy program, which is Wisconsin’s state-wide energy efficiency program. CB&I is responsible for designing and managing program operations; measuring, tracking and reporting results; marketing, outreach and community engagement; and providing engineering and technical resources. This position is based in Madison, WI.
- Develop and implement public relations strategy that increases state-wide awareness of Focus on Energy’s mission and impact.
- Oversee all aspects of media relations, including creating news releases and alerts; cultivating ongoing and special-events coverage; responding to incoming media requests and inquiries; securing placement of op-eds; conducting proactive media outreach; tracking media results; and providing media training for the organization's spokespeople.
- Collaborate with others on the communications team to develop integrated campaigns and tell customer success stories
- Support and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
- Provide media/PR counsel to leadership staff as needed
- Serve as a key spokesperson for Focus on Energy as well as coordinate with other internal staff in response to media inquiries
- Contribute to the writing, editing, and design of communication and marketing materials developed for internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of directly related professional experience in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications
- History of successfully developing and implementing strategic public relations campaigns and initiatives.
- Excellent planning skills with proven experience in project management, event planning and leadership.
- Strong knowledge of Wisconsin media, with proven track record of placements, experience in the sustainability/energy efficiency or renewable energy sector a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills with the ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment within the Communications team and the broader organization
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits.