|Company||The House of Harley-Davidson
|Title||Year Long Paid Marketing and Special Events Intern
The House of Harley-Davidson® is Milwaukee's oldest operating Harley-Davidson® dealership now with a second location in Racine. We're celebrating over 40 years of retail excellence in our state-of-the-art dealership - where our greatest asset is our team. The House of Harley has won more Bar & Shield Awards than any other dealer in the world and has been voted a top Milwaukee Workplace by both the Business Journal and the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. House is also a Top 100 Dealer as named by DealerNews Magazine and voted Best Motorcycle Dealership in Milwaukee. Don’t miss this chance to join one of the best marketing and events departments in the world!
Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Events and in collaboration with the Digital Marketing and Events Coordinator, the Marketing and Special Events Intern is responsible for the success of all events and support to the marketing department. Tasks include assisting in the operational planning and execution for events large and small both onsite and offsite; Develop and manage vendors, promotional specialists/bartenders and other staff as needed for events; capture photography and leads at events; and update store marketing materials.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Operational Events Coordination
- Participate in planning of annual calendar of events
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide marketing materials and promotional support
- Under the direction of the Director of Marketing and Events execute the planned layout at events.
- Quote event expenses and coordinate delivery and pick up of any event items.
- Coordinate set up and tear down responsibilities
- Support all offsite and onsite events.
Develop and manage Vendor and Promotional Specialists/Bartenders
- Stay on top of new trends in area events and things happening in our marketplace
- Work with equipment vendors to secure best pricing for items such as tents, bars, stages, equipment, etc
- Create and manage Promotional Specialists/Bartenders schedules and contact database
- Schedule Event Staff as needed
Capture Photography and Leads at Events
- Capture photos and creating promotional videos at events for marketing and event recap purposes.
- Set up Lead Generating items at events like Register to Wins and deliver these leads to the Director of Marketing and Events.
Updating Store Marketing Materials
- Upon arrival of Corporate Marketing Materials, deliver all assets to department managers and confirm placement of items.
- Make sure all expired items are removed and disposed of or stored for future.
Other duties as assigned
A qualified candidate would have the following:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college with the ability to obtain internship credit for at least one semester of their current college year or work unpaid for a semester.
- Be majoring in an area of study such as Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Ability to work May-end of April 2018.
- Self starter and time management pro.
- Professional attitude.
- Must be available to work some weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation and valid driver's license
- Motorcycle experience NOT required!
- Experience in event management and video a plus!
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a year long internship that will start May 1 of 2017 and extend through the end of April 2018. Internship credit for at least one semester, then paid hourly for remaining semester and summer. 10 weekly hours during the Winter/Spring/Fall and up to 30 weekly hours in the Summer.