|Company||Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc.
|Title||Membership Services Coordinator
The Waukesha County Business Alliance, Inc. is a private, member-driven organization that has been the voice of business since its founding in 1918 as the Waukesha Association of Commerce. Initially established to serve the Waukesha business community, the Alliance has evolved into a countywide chamber of commerce representing more than 1,100 member businesses and community organizations. Its mission is to drive economic growth in Waukesha County.
Waukesha County Business Alliance is looking for a Membership Services Coordinator responsible for supporting the Alliance’s Schools2SkillsTM program and proactively working with Alliance members on an ongoing basis to support member engagement.
Support the Alliance’s Schools2Skills program (which takes high school students to tour manufacturing facilities) through the following:
- Oversee the scheduling process for Schools2Skills tours, including scheduling dates, confirming school districts, confirming tour locations (manufacturers and post-secondary tours), and working with transportation vendors to confirm all logistics for each tour.
- Manage the ‘tour prep’ process including day-of materials.
- Lead tours and schedule Alliance staff to assist when multiple staff are needed on a tour.
- Create and administer surveys and compile results.
Coordinate ribbon cutting and ground breaking ceremonies for member business openings and expansions.
Coordinate the Alliance’s Member Spotlight program by reaching out to member organizations to schedule member spotlights and gather necessary information.
Proactive, ongoing membership engagement to Alliance member organizations through phone calls (to invite members to upcoming events and programs, notify them of awards, etc.) and in-person membership engagement meetings.
Assist members with navigating their member web portals.
Assist Alliance team members as needed on any and all projects.
The Alliance is looking for a friendly, creative and motivated individual who is willing to help with the many facets of a business association.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred (or 1-2 years of experience in community engagement, marketing communications, education or a related field).
- Past experience in a business environment (including internships).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Positive, creative and solution-focused working relationships with team members.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time with a high-level attention to detail and timelines.
- Proactive, self-starter.
|Compensation & Benefits||
This is a full-time, salaried position. The hours to be worked will generally take place between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, the associate must be available for occasional early morning and/or evening Alliance events or programs as directed by the President.