|Company||Columbia College Chicago Online
|Title||Director of Marketing and Enrollment
Columbia College Chicago is an undergraduate and graduate institution whose principal commitment is to provide a comprehensive educational opportunity in the arts, communications, and public information within a context of enlightened liberal education. Columbia’s intent is to educate students who will communicate creatively and shape the public’s perceptions of issues and events and who will author the culture of their times. Columbia is an urban institution whose students reflect the economic, racial, cultural, and educational diversity of contemporary America. Columbia conducts education in close relationship to a vital urban reality and serves an important civic purpose by active engagement in the life and culture of the city of Chicago.
Columbia College Chicago is a private, four-year college offering a distinctive curriculum that blends liberal arts, creative and media arts and business. We take students who experience the world through a creative lens and help them develop the analytical, business and communication skills to shape their own career path.
We are currently going through tremendous change including establishing a division dedicated to creating cutting edge online education products. We are looking for a top-notch marketing and enrollment leader who can hit the ground running and work with our inaugural Vice Provost for Digital Learning on this brand-new team. This is an amazing opportunity to get in from the ground floor with a department that provides best of class education to a truly passionate student base. We are out to change the world of Arts based learning. Our Build-Measure-Learn philosophy is focused on building a great product and user experience in an environment of continuous improvement. This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to shape and define an area. If this excites you, then we would love to talk.
Under the direction of the Vice Provost for Digital Learning, the Director of Marketing and Enrollment, Columbia College Chicago Online (DMEO) will manage all aspects of marketing and recruitment for the online school. The DMEO will work directly with the Vice Provost, management team, and outside vendors to develop and execute marketing plans, messaging, and interactive and recruitment strategies. She or he will work with the Production leader to implement plans. She or he will also Lead marketing and recruitment teams to maximize lead generation, conversion, and enrollment.
The DMEO will be responsible for strategic planning and overseeing of all marketing and recruitment activities including messaging, search marketing, social media, competitive analysis, promotion development, pricing, media buying, PPC and CPC campaigns, trade shows, interactive marketing, affiliate partnerships, and sales. The DMEO will:
- Market and recruit students for online courses and programs.
- Manage admissions personnel focused on service and retention.
- Hold responsibility for brand development, acquisition and retention of students, and overall marketing and recruitment strategy.
- Drive the use of best practices in enrollment management for an on-line education business.
- In conjunction with the Vice Provost, develops business relationships with key strategic partners.
- Develop short-term and long-term marketing strategies including geographic expansion and service pricing, and market and service plans that support organizational objectives.
- Provide short- and long-term market forecasts and reports, including competitive analyses, by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Manage relationships with outside advertising
- Oversee strategic direction of the web site in conjunction with the Production Lead.
- Develop and manage a significant direct-to-consumer channel.
- Work with the recruitment team and outside vendors to create profiles of customer segment needs.
- Build customer email database and public relations database.
- Manage day-to-day marketing relationship (relating to Columbia College Chicago Online initiatives) with the college to leverage all college promotions including mailings, clinics, public relations, recruiting, and alumni.
- Contribute to creation of online curriculum and programs of study through close communication with the Vice Provost, Programs and Instructional Design Manager, and Production Manager.
- Ensure a consistent message and quality level across all media and promotions.
- Manage a departmental operating budget and oversee day-to-day fiscal management to meet or exceed budget goals.
- Manage CRM Recruit marketing and recruitment staff and lead and mentor them in professional and personal growth.
- Participate in annual reviews.
A. Candidates for the position should have deep experience leading a consumer Internet marketing and conversion operation either at the level of a senior director or vice president. Preferred candidates will have expertise at driving customer acquisition through digital marketing, SEM, SEO, social media, and email. This background should include expertise at organizing and leveraging a team of recruitment advisors via a call center, ability to lead and grow a team of marketing and recruitment professionals, and demonstrated experience driving and substantially growing revenue. Ideal candidates will experience in the music market and/or in musical education.
B. The required qualifications are:
- A bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of five years' successful marketing and sales management experience in consumer marketing, consumer Internet marketing, or services marketing.
- Experience selling online experiences or content and the ability to drive revenue growth.
- Interactive and online marketing experience using Google Ad Words and other online media.
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, social media, business and market development, lead generation, market research and planning, and promotions and advertising.
- Full and complete knowledge of the consumer Internet marketplace industry and the ability to continuously evaluate trends and adjust strategy to maximize results.
- Deep knowledge of, and experience with, social, online, and traditional marketing platforms.
- Strong skills in online marketing such as SEO, SEM, social media, and affiliate marketing.
- A track record of success that demonstrates analytical marketing skills and innovation.
- Collaboration experience with multidisciplinary teams, a full understanding of the marketing and recruitment functions, and a history of success managing a small team to success.
The core competencies of the individual are:
- A strong customer orientation.
- Personnel management.
- The ability to act as a brand champion demonstrating the strategic know-how and creative talent to build our brand and help us own the online learning space in music and music-related fields.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including polished presentation skills.
- Skill in long-range strategic planning and the ability to forecast.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously with great efficiency and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals and groups at various levels of the college and with strategic partners.
|Compensation & Benefits||
At Columbia, we offer a rewarding work environment for our faculty and staff. We take pride in offering competitive benefits with affordable health, dental and vision coverage; flexible spending accounts; commuter benefit program, life and accidental, death & dismemberment coverage; paid and unpaid leave options; work/life benefits; educational assistance programs; and retirement and financial planning benefits.
We invite you to join our talented faculty and staff and become part of our collective aspiration to ensure Columbia prepares students for success in their creative fields through innovation, engagement and real-world experiences.