|Title||Communications Summer Intern
We are a non-denominational church with three locations in Milwaukee and West Allis. Our mission is to make more and better disciples of Jesus Christ, and we do so through engaging worship music, Bible-based preaching and active participation in small groups and service.
2017 epikos Summer interns will have the opportunity to learn and work alongside the epikos Communications Director, pastors, and staff. Growth will be pursued through group discussions, ministry-specific opportunities and experiences, as well as weekly responsibilities for Sunday services. Interns will serve epikos for 12 weeks, receive a stipend for their work, and, if coming from outside Milwaukee, will be hosted in an epikos family home.
Under the direction of the Communications Director, the Communications Intern will particiapte in all aspects of epikos Communications. The goal is to effectively communicate the stories, activities, and events of the epikos community through the following tactics:
- Graphic design for digital media, print, and social media
- Video Production: including script writing, videography, lighting, and editing
- Website management (Wordpress)
- Social Media posting
- Copywriting for announcements and website
- Internship start date flexible (prefer late May or early June, ends 12 weeks later)
- Applicants should have experience with some of the Adobe Creative Suite Applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro, LightRoom, AfterEffects)
- Great concept skills to take an idea and develop it in variety of media.
- Take creative direction but also a great opportunity for self starter who likes independence.
- Ready to learn and serve.
- Aligned with the mission and Statement of Faith of epikos Church.
- Have a high trust level.
- Interns are responsible for their own transportation.
- Interns are responsible for their own laptop or tablet.
|Compensation & Benefits||
- Meaningful experience in a fast-paced ministry environment.
- Real-world job experience with samples for your portfolio at the end of the summer
- 3-month stipend provided.
- Room & Board provided, as needed. if coming from outside Milwaukee, intern will be hosted in an epikos family home.