|Region||Twin Cities Metro
WHO WE ARE:
We are a team of strategists, designers, writers, developers, fabricators, creative problem solvers and more. Our thinkers are doers. Our doers are thinkers.
This is an established role that will engage collaboratively with creative partners, to guide the overall visual appearance, how it communicates, evokes and appeals to a specific audience. They engage collaboratively with creative partners, primarily copywriters, to cultivate concepts and ideas. They guide teams of designers, fabricators, photographers, illustrators and other artists to see the vision through.
Art Director’s must generate compelling ideas and visuals that are on-point while displaying the ability to see them through with a team, by acting as a guide, translator, mentor and leader. The Art Director will have exceptional understanding and practice of layout, composition, color theory, typography, perspective and spatial relationships. They understand the dynamics of a team and bring strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment. Above all, the Art Director continually strives to better the work ensuring it is on-point for the assignment.
This position is for our fast paced powersports client. Passion and knowledge for powersports will be given extra credit!
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually within a fast-paced team environment
- Guides and develops the overall look or style of a project
- Understands the range of what is needed to share vision and provide direction to others
- Sees the vision through by staying engaged from kick-off to completion including partnering with the core team as well as integrating external members such as photographers, illustrators, etc.
- Self-organizes with Designers, Copywriters and Creative Director to brainstorm and work through the creative problem solving process
- Leads internal reviews to provide, thoughtful, constructive critique
- Ability to pitch and sell work internally and externally
- Consistent high attention to detail–working with teams and visuals
- Provide accurate time and cost estimates for responsibilities of an assignment
- Adhere to deadlines and properly manages time over multiple assignments
- Takes feedback and direction for team and client
- Has eyes and ears for spotting creative opportunity–both large and small
- A portfolio showcasing your work
- Minimum of 5 years of cumulative experience working in a creative agency, with at least two of those years as an Art Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art Direction or related degree
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding and passion for outdoor recreational industries
Being a “SixSpeeder”: You’re driven, genuine, fearless, spontaneous, positive and hard working. These are the qualities of a SixSpeeder we hold with the highest regard. You make yourself indispensable to your team by tackling challenges head-on and cross the finish line together.
|Compensation & Benefits||