We are The Walsh Group.
Founded in 1898, The Walsh Group is a fourth-generation family-owned company providing design, build, finance, operation and outfitting services. We are the 11th largest contractor in the United States, operating out of 19 strategically located regional offices across North America. Our three companies are united by a shared dedication to deliver exceptional customer service, while upholding the highest standards of ethics, quality and safety.
Walsh is currently seeking a Marketing Manager for our Building Division in Chicago, IL.
As a member of The Walsh Group, you will need to be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where clear and precise communication is critical to the continued growth of the business. You will work in a team environment coordinating construction proposals with a heavy emphasis on word processing, industry research, desktop publishing, formatting and minimal graphic functions. You will support the proposal process by preparing proposal outlines and proposal templates; formatting proposal volumes including resumes and past performance references; developing tables and graphics; formatting and producing presentations and various promotional materials. In addition, the successful candidate will prepare material for exhibits and conferences and assist in preparing marketing material as needed.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Manage and produce marketing deliverables ensuring highest quality and timeliness
- Participate in local annual business/sales planning
- Conduct weekly marketing meeting, track sales to ensure timely approvals
- Ensure and enforce branding standards, including proper usage of logo
- Oversee and manage local marketing budget
- Hire and develop direct reports; conduct formal personnel reviews annually and assist in the development of individual career plans and goals
- Develop internal and external presentations and facilitate interview preparation with strategic thought
- Work with graphic designers to create project graphics and production materials and populate the graphics library
- Cultivate talent
- Strong leadership qualities
- Motivate others, encouraging them to increase their abilities and work ethic
- Delegate tasks to others
- Speak at meetings and perform presentations
- Compose memorandums and consult with individuals who hold leadership positions within the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Journalism, or English
- 5-7 years of working experience, preferably in the construction/architecture industry
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced, changing environment while managing multiple projects and completion dates
- Strong writing and editing skills (including grammar and punctuation)
- Understanding of AEC industry would be preferred but not required
- High proficiency in desktop publishing, presentation and other marketing related software, including Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing staff preferred
|Compensation & Benefits||