|Title||Public Relations Summer Intern
We are passionate. We are dreamers. Tech geeks. Artists. Hunters. Gatherers. Realists. Writers. Seekers of truth. Entrepreneurs. Foodies. Photographers. Parents. Students. Not an office, but a collective of people from different walks of life. With different skill sets. Each with our own ideas and our own story. And as much as we love to celebrate and leverage our diversity and differences, we have one thing in common: a burning, unending desire to do work that matters on behalf of brands that want to do the same. We are assembled in a way no agency has dared before. We put egos and titles aside and focus on building a network of people that expands what is possible. Our open approach leveraging talent from literally around the world means our clients get better thinking, custom teams and solutions and not a "one size fits all" approach to solving their toughest business challenges.
We are looking for a summer intern who loves public relations and brand building as much as we do, which is a lot. This paid internship would be from May to August. We are located outside the hustle and bustle of Milwaukee and Madison in Delafield, located in beautiful Lake Country. We need someone who understands what it takes to generate earned media coverage and earned chatter among influencers and throughout social channels that can help drive business outcomes. Someone who has a passion for digging deep to find great stories and tell them in places that matter. Someone who is ready to collaborate, create, pitch, write and fight the good fight. Our client base is largely made up of enthusiast or lifestyle brands that connect with people on an emotional level. Many of them are in the outdoors industry. As such, most of our work requires us to really care about the categories in which we participate. This position will support several brands in the hunting and fishing space so if you love the outdoors, and better yet have experience working in the space, then this could be your dream internship.
- Work with an integrated team to help drive communications effort for 3-4 iconic lifestyle brands, providing a consistent backup and help with each account
- You will assist our account leaders and have a well-rounded experience working with clients
- Some media relations and social media engagement, including very light community management, content creation and distribution
- Gain experience in copywriting and editing of strategic, creative, influential written content on behalf of clients, including video scripts, press releases, pitch letters, partnership proposals, decks and more
- Have an opportunity to work with some awesome people with great backgrounds in PR, marketing, brand development, social media and creative
- Be a positive contributor to an open, proactive, passionate and productive agency culture
- Agency or relevant class experience helps.
- Junior or Senior majoring in Public Relations or related field
- An incredible, insatiable drive to do work that matters, pushing our clients to think bigger and bolder
- Relentless drive to create incredible, compelling content and a deep hatred of the status quo
- Familiarity with all the tools of the trade in the PR world as you’ll need to use them to build media lists, track coverage and develop reports for our clients
- Proven ability to think big and act small, delivering world-class work in an agile, efficient fashion
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Disciplined time-management skills and ability to work in an open, empowering environment
|Compensation & Benefits||