|Title||Communication and Marketing Manager
SHARP Literacy enhances future life success by energizing urban children, motivating them to identify themselves as confident, capable scholars and lifelong learners by inspiring engagement in reading, writing and research through hands-on interaction and visual arts.
The Communication and Marketing Manager will play a key role in building brand awareness, increasing the exposure of content and effectively delivering the communications strategy through a variety of approaches (website, social media, videos, elevator speech).
- Develop brand standards and ensure they are met across all communication methods and conveyed to various stakeholders.
- Manage content for sharpliteracy.org including developing blog content.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a social media strategy that advances SHARP’s overall communications goals.
- Work closely with the President to develop her unique "voice" in talking points and written communications.
- Leverage SHARP’s email communications to build and engage donors and potential donors.
- Establish communication strategies to foster existing relationships and build new relationships with educators, parents, and educational tour site contacts.
- Determine and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and other metrics to ensure success and ultimately growth.
Develop internal resource system that would include:
- Collaborate with SHARP partners to identify and market mutually beneficial educational programs.
- Provide input on major grant proposals/reports and other development communications.
- Manage communications at major events, including photography/videography as needed.
- Keep informed and up to date on new communications trends, best practices, and supporting tools necessary to move the organization forward.
- Manage the annual report development process.
- Develop monthly content calendars, monthly E-newsletters, and press releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Mass Media or related field
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a communications related position
- Solid knowledge of communication and social media best practices
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and project management skills are necessary
- Experience with G-Suite and Wordpress is desired
- Must embrace a mission-driven approach to work
|Compensation & Benefits||
Salary is competitive and will commensurate with experience.
SHARPoffers a full and competitive benefits package that includes:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits