At Kohl’s, our mission is to inspire and empower families to lead fulfilled lives. And there’s no more rewarding job than that. Because it’s not just about selling things. It’s about letting customers know that the things that make their lives better are within their reach. We build great brands, launch new technologies to make shopping easier, contribute our time and dollars to improve the world we live in and dream up ways to empower our customers and Associates to create a life they love. Our Associates make a difference in the lives of our customers. Let us make a difference in yours. Welcome to Kohl’s.
Support the execution of Kohl's public relations campaigns in order to garner ongoing national and regional press for Kohl's programs. This is done through the use of the basic tools of a public relations practitioner in a variety of media including print, broadcast, electronic and digital.
PR media relations
- Writes press releases and other corporate communications materials for all programs.
- Answers media calls and provides basic, approved information.
- Conducts local and regional media relations for all programs.
- Leverages internal and external research to create press opportunities for Kohl's brand.
PR program coordination
- Assists in the execution of existing and future public relations strategies to include research, event planning, and extensive writing such as media concepts, pitch angles, talking points, fact sheets, media alerts and releases.
- Helps coordinate the activities with various external vendor partners and public relations agency.
- Tracks results and works with agency partners to provide comprehensive measurement of program results and coverage.
- Monitors daily media, with team, for inclusion in daily report of news/trends.
- Four year degree in public relations, journalism, communications or other applicable area of study.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience in basic public relations, including local media relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in AP style writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Able work on multiple programs with multiple components.
- Experience working with local & National Print and Broadcast media.
|Compensation & Benefits||