|Title||Marketing Communications Manager
The Cara Program prepares and inspires motivated individuals to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, transform their lives, strengthen our communities, and forge paths to real and lasting success.
Cara’s Marketing Communications Manager will lead and coordinate the company’s overall integrated marketing strategy and activities. Reporting to Senior Director of Key Partnerships, the Marketing Communications Manager will work collaboratively with Cara leadership to develop and implement marketing, communication and public relations strategies to broaden the impact of Cara’s brand and oversee organizational messaging and stakeholder relations.
The candidate must have significant experience that includes a blend of digital and traditional marketing. S/he is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of Cara’s marketing, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Effectively managing teams of internal and external partners is a key component of this position.
Primary Relationships (10%)
- The position reports to the Senior Director of Key Partnerships and serves as a member of the Development team.
- This position participates with the Board of Directors, Executive Team, other leadership staff and affinity groups in charting the marketing direction of the company, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
- Outside the agency, the position coordinates, primarily, with the media, stakeholders and appropriate vendors.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations (65%)
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance Cara’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public, and facilitate internal and external communications
- Create and manage all marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, student/investor/employment partner acquisition and stewardship, social media, digital communications and websites.
- Ensure articulation of Cara’s desired image and position and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all publications.
- Coordinate media interest in Cara and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests. Act as the main representative with the media.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist the social enterprises in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
- Ensure that Cara regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends in the market.
- Partner on projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Planning and Budgeting (15%)
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing, communications and public relations goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Team.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing, communications and public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term goals and objectives to the Senior Director of Development and Executive Team.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, and social enterprises and use this information to help Cara operate with initiative and innovation.
Organizational strategy (10%)
- Work with leadership staff, other staff and volunteers to develop and maintain a strategic perspective -- based on marketplace and constituent needs and satisfaction -- in organizational direction, program and services, and decision-making to ensure the overall health and vitality of the Cara brand.
- Ensure that the company’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from key constituencies regarding quality services and Cara’s relevance in the community.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising vendors.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Proficient in Hootsuite, HTML, Google Analytics, Salesforce, design software and Microsoft Office.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, or public relations.
- Experience working with volunteers.
|Compensation & Benefits||