|Title||Associate Brand Manager - Safety and Security
About First Alert – a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Brands of Everyday Life.
Be a part of the team that’s creating the next generation of home safety. At First Alert, we don’t reinvent things – we pioneer. We offer the experience and knowledge of 50 years of history, while operating with the open, ideas-driven culture of a startup. With a smart leadership team that invests time and resources in developing creative solutions to today’s “plugged-in” consumer needs, we look to all levels of our staff to contribute to our legacy of innovation.
We have a history of being on the forefront of new trends and technologies – starting with designing the first smoke alarms for residential and commercial use. Today, Safety & Security is comprised of the top brands in home protection and organization, including America’s most trusted safety brand, First Alert – one of the largest brands of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide alarms and home safety products in the United States. Our newest advancements include the decorator-friendly Atom™ and 10-year Maximum Protection smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, which have revolutionized the industry and garnered distinction for design, engineering and marketing excellence.
Join us as we break new ground in the home safety industry. We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package – and the opportunity to work at a dynamic, continuously growing company that is leading the way in home safety trends and technologies.
The Associate Brand Manager is responsible for supporting and executing of all customer insights and Brand Activations for the North American market and ensuring that all touchpoints and communications tie to our overall Brand Vision and builds Brand Equity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all customer insights and market intelligence projects for First Alert brands, managing day-to-day communications with vendors.
- Review and edit research surveys, write surveys for self-service research projects, suggest improvements and monitor vendor with project objectives and scope.
- Perform ongoing competitive market intelligence activities, including gathering competitive and market trends, industry news and alerts and sharing finding with the wider internal team.
- Manage new vendor set-up, contract development, invoicing and payment activities for all customer insights projects.
- Execute updates to www.firstalert.com
- Support brand activation and contact development projects, bringing a consumer-focused approach to optimize activities.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities, suggesting areas for continuous improvement.
- Engage with consumers on social media platforms, using consumer-friendly voice aligned with our brand identity and facilitating support for consumers with questions or complaints to internal Customer Service Team.
- Support the execution of First Alert’s digital presence including website, email marketing, SEO, blogging and consumer review platforms.
- Represent to voice of the customer for the organization, translating consumer perceptions and needs into key business opportunities.
- Leverage customer insights from brand and product research projects to optimize communication and activation strategy.
- Assist in data analysis across internal primary sources, consumer research projects, secondary data platforms and advertising effectiveness data to identify key insights for continuous improvement of product, brand and communication activities.
Supervise Others: No
Expected Travel: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of marketing related experience in a consumer-driven company.
- Strong analytical skills with solid business acumen. “Connects the dots” quickly and perceptively.
- Translates data into focused insights.
- Competent MS Office Suite skills (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Intermediate skills using MS Excel including formulas, pivot tables, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States for any employer.
- Experience with a CPG and/or Consumer Electronics company.
- Experience using Nielsen, Millard-Brown or other Market data.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Sitting at workstation approximately 85 percent (85%) of work time.
- Standing and walking approximately 15 percent (15%) of work time.
- Typical office environment with shelves, overhead and above work surfaces.
|Compensation & Benefits||
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package – and the opportunity to work at a dynamic, continuously growing company that is leading the way in home safety trends and technologies.