|Title||Marketing Design Associate
Behind every basket, tunic and necklace that we offer, you'll find a story of positive change. A story of an empowered artisan or farmer who works in a safe environment, can send his or her children to school, and can save for the future with the reliable income he or she earns through fair trade. We partner with 55 small-scale artisan/farmer organizations and cooperatives to bring you unique, handcrafted product collections. We emphasize the word "partnership" in our work because that's what these relationships are–we've created a system ofcreative collaboration built on mutual respect and trust, creating high-quality and well-designed items using sustainable materials and production techniques. Some of these partnerships have lasted for over 35 years! In our world today, handcraft production is the second largest form of employment behind agriculture. Many small-scale artisans in developing countries lack access to markets, business skills and tools needed to grow. Through our nonprofit mission and deep commitment to fair trade principles, we are dedicated to not only sell our partners' products but to develop educational offerings, skill trainings, resources, and more to help grow sustainable businesses. Prepayments are always offered for orders, reasonable production timelines are agreed upon, and we provide grants so artisans can expand and provide more jobs in their communities. And of course, we pay a fair wage.
This primary purpose of this position is to provide high-quality graphic design and to take a lead role in the implementation of printing, mailing, and web projects for the organization. This position is responsible for increasing sales and building our brand identity through print and online collateral. In addition, this position is expected to assist with coordinating and implementing the overall strategies and communications of the department. A strong commitment to fair trade as a strategy to reduce poverty and empower low-income and marginalized people and a willingness to work closely with a team are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the team to gather data and strategize, then execute strong design of print and web materials including advertisements, postcards, direct mail pieces, store and church recruitment tools, annual reports, newsletters, product tags, web site and social media graphics, email graphics and more.
- Manage on-time and on-budget printing and delivery of materials and preparation of mail lists and distribution plan as main point of contact with vendors, mail houses, and Serrv’s operation center; issue purchase orders as required.
- Assist with development and implementation of our email schedule.
- Support production of catalog(s), newsletters and other collateral as needed including design elements, photography, layouts, writing, and proofing.
- Develop three 20-32 page catalogs/year from initial product list to the mail plan. This includes gathering and taking high-resolution photos, copy editing, layout and copy flow into InDesign, proofing, and print and schedule management.
- Responsible for in-house photography and editing of alternative web shots, special collection products, and seasonal promotion photos.
- Monitor print budgets, request quotes, record invoices and expenses, and develop cost projections.
- Monitor stock and usage of marketing materials.
- Create web-ready videos about Serrv, our products, and our partners.
- Support our social media outreach with content, research, graphics, writing, and posts.
- Organize print samples, and electronic archives of project records, artwork and images.
- Assist with personal outreach to store and church customers and prospects. Represent Serrv at various events as needed.
- Will be asked to assist other departments with tasks from time to time. This position is expected to engage in ongoing market research and reflection to identify and recommend ways Serrv can improve and grow sales.
- Assist with office administration including stocking supplies, answering phones, and distributing mail.
- Other duties as assigned by Sales and Marketing Director, Marketing Communications Manager, Ecommerce Coordinator, and/or President/CEO.
- 1+ years of experience in a relevant position
- Experience working within a team and across departments in an office environment
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suites software (including Photoshop and InDesign)
- Experience in production of four and one color materials and preparation of multi-page pieces for professional printing as well as web graphics
- Ability to follow technical design parameters for print and web collateral
- Computer skills in Microsoft, including basic Excel functions
- Some coursework in graphic design required
- College degree required
- Basic skills with video production or willingness to learn
- Photography experience
- Experience with retail,
- Overseas travel a plus
|Compensation & Benefits||
Salary: $35.000 to 40.000 per year. Medical, Dental, Long Term Disability Insurance, 403b Retirement Plan, Fifteen Days Paid Vacation, Holidays: Seven (7) Full Days And Two (2) Half Days Of Paid Holidays Each Year. Sick Time: 40 Hours Of Sick Time After Six Months Of Continuous Employment.