Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent analytical, writing, editing and oral communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (such as Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom and Flash), MailChimp, Google Analytics, visual storytelling, WordPress, Hootsuite, all the major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) as well as a working knowledge of grammar and style standards (such as the Chicago Manual of Style), are ideal. Familiarity with HTML, Canva, UX, SEO, and email segmentation strategies strongly preferred.
Required Education and Experience:
In addition to the above knowledge, skills, and abilities requirements, the ideal candidate for this position will also possess a Bachelor’s degree, or commensurate experience. Additionally, 5-7 years relevant professional work experience in multi-media journalism, digital strategy and marketing, communications, or equivalent experience and training.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work is normally performed in an office work environment.
- Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
- Bending, reaching, and lifting over head is required.
- Regular operation of normal office machines (computer, copier, and fax) is required.
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required.
- Some travel outside of office is required.