Direct Marketing Analyst
Nancy’s Notions is an internet retailer with over 30 years in the sewing, quilting and embroidery business. Located in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, just north of Madison.
Direct Marketing Analyst
Beaver Dam, WI
Analyze results, study trends, provide insights and develop recommendations to optimize the success and profitability of multi-channel customer acquisition, retention and loyalty marketing campaigns.
- Provide technical expertise for analytical projects and apply the appropriate statistical procedures to effectively analyze and interpret results.
- Compile and analyze metrics on campaigns, customer file, and merchandise to create meaningful insights about the customer
- Provide insights to the creative, merchandising, and marketing teams in written, oral, tabular or graphical formats to aid in decisions leading to increased sales, market share and profitability.
- Develop timely and accurate analysis for all campaign types in order to help determine an optimal contact strategy for all customer segments (i.e. list selections, recency, frequency, monetary spends, method of contacts, etc.).
- Develop and enhance circulation plans based on historical data, economic factors, industry trends and house-file growth. Analyze results of campaigns and make recommendations on how to adjust the plans to optimize results.
- Analyze merchandising results of campaigns, identify trends, and make recommendations on where opportunities exist for improving sales and profits
- Develop test matrices and procedures to ensure the accuracy and statistical validity of tests for various marketing projects and campaigns
- Manage the preparation and timely delivery of of mail files, lead the data hygiene/cleansing processes, and ensure data integrity of files.
- Manage the set-up and execution of marketing campaigns and tracking codes in all operating systems
- Report on and recommend test strategies across channels
- Create ad-hoc reports and queries to help provide insights to key stakeholders across the organization
- Maintain opt-in status to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Assist with the management of miscellaneous income programs such as list rentals, package insert programs, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or statistics, or relevant professional work experience
- 1-2 years experience in direct marketing
- Proven ability to use information to gain meaningful insight into customer purchase motivations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical mindset and a passion for data analysis and discovery
- Demonstrated ability to recommend solutions to business and marketing challenges
- Experience with or working knowledge of statistical theories to support test structures, analysis and model development
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, relational databases and business query tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, managing multiple priorities in a time-sensitive environment.
- Proven teamwork and communication skills.
- Health and Dental Insurance,
- Short & Long Term Insurance,
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation & sick time
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent Employee discount