CORE ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
Teamwork: Demonstrates respect and achieves cooperative relationships in fulfilling the vision and mission of MetaStar.
Communication: Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with all whom they interact. All communications, verbal and written, should demonstrate a commitment to internal and external customer service and excellence. Effectively sends, receives, and responds to requests while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Initiative: Committed to and performs quality work contributing to the vision and mission of MetaStar. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for his/her actions. Meets the challenges of a changing environment, is timely in meeting job responsibilities, and strives to provide excellent customer service. Values accomplishments and shows enthusiasm and pride in the organization. He/she demonstrates a self-directed work effort. Develops goals for professional growth and strives to achieve those goals.
Customer Service: Demonstrates a commitment to courteous, sincere, and sensitive customer service. He/she presents a positive and caring attitude in all interactions. He/she is patient, tolerant, accepts diversity, and presents a positive image of themselves and MetaStar in all professional interactions.
Quality Improvement: Demonstrates a commitment to quality and excellence. He/she solves problems through critical evaluation of data-based information and application of continuous quality improvement methods. Can accurately identify and diagnose issues, identify alternatives, implement a plan, and evaluate and communicate results.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related discipline. Will consider a combination of an Associate’s degree and work experience.
- Ability to write effectively or a variety of audiences (internal and external) and for a variety of media
- Attention to detail
- Works efficiently
- Superior/excellent communication skills
- Exercise discretion and good judgement
- Experience with web-based communication software like Constant Contact or Hootsuite
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take assignments and direction from a variety of staff
- Ability to learn quickly
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
- Interest and availability for in-state, overnight travel