This position works closely with colleagues in the Academic Technology and Web (ATW) unit as well as staff within the Wisconsin School of Business. Primary responsibilities include developing, writing, and editing content for a variety of digital media and tactics, including web sites, email campaigns, and more. This position will ensure brand consistency in the "voice" of the School of Business in all copy. A secondary area will be to collaborate with ATW colleagues on information architecture and site design to optimize content delivery.
80% Development and Maintenance of Digital Content:
1. Utilize collaboration, research, analytics, competitive analysis, user feedback, and knowledge of best practices to inform content strategy.
2. Write and edit website content for both external and internal audiences that will inform, influence, and drive users to take desired actions.
3. Work closely with ATW designers and developers to bring content to life and create compelling user experiences.
4. Edit and proofread the work of others for accuracy, style, brand voice, and audience focus/communication objectives.
5. Take a lead role in managing tools and processes to keep WSB websites accurate, up-to-date, and error free.
6. Participate in SEO strategy, implementation, and measurement of success.
7. Support the development of style standards and training for other web authors outside the ATW team.
15% Internal and External Relationship Management:
1. Be a supporting member of the agile web development team, helping coworkers meet their individual goals as well as team goals.
2. Share thoughtful and constructive feedback to others and remain open to feedback from them.
3. Provide responsive customer service to our partners within WSB program offices, departments, and other units setting appropriate expectations, maintaining honest communication, and building trust.
5% Other Duties as Assigned:
1. Take part in professional development activities.
2. Serve as an active participant on campus teams as requested.3. Participate in school events as requested.