Lawrence University is a residential liberal arts college and conservatory of music, both devoted exclusively to undergraduate education. It is a supportive academic community of 1,500 intellectually curious, diverse and multi-interested students from nearly every state and 50 countries—all committed to a rigorous and challenging educational experience.
The Lawrence faculty is devoted to Engaged Learning as the most effective way to prepare students for lives of personal fulfillment and professional accomplishment. It is a demanding approach to education for students who demand much of themselves. It is what characterizes a Lawrence education and distinguishes Lawrentians.
Using this engaging approach to learning, Lawrence helps students develop the abilities that are highly valued by graduate schools and sought after by employers. Among these are the ability to solve problems, communicate effectively, work collaboratively and thrive in a rapidly changing world.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional proofreading skills and expert grammarian.
- Thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- Demonstrated organization and project management skills.
- Unrelenting attention to detail and deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team and independently.
- A self-starter who appreciates the value of integrated communications in support of a brand strategy.
- Knowledge of the liberal arts is preferred.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Informz email, WordPress and WorkZone is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic and a positive, upbeat, professional attitude.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience writing and editing collateral material, magazine articles, web content, promotional email, press releases, speeches, etc. in a corporate, agency, higher education or journalistic setting.
Final candidates will be asked to complete a proofreading test as part of the selection process.
Lawrence is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and the viewpoints and approaches that a diverse community represents. We strongly encourage candidates who can contribute to diversity at Lawrence to apply. See the Lawrence Careers website for more information about Lawrence and its surrounding community. All candidates are encouraged to address in their letters of application the ways in which they could contribute to Lawrence’s institutional mission and commitment to diversity.