Referee Enterprises started as a magazine publishing company, and that continues to be one of our primary focuses, but Referee is much more than that. In addition to our publishing output, which includes our monthly magazine and newsletters, our line of officiating education products, and all of our websites and digital communications, Referee is in the business of providing content and solutions to officials and officiating organizations to help them improve, professionalize and meet new and existing challenges. Referee does that through our content production (including all of our publishing endeavors), association management, direct marketing and relationship-building.
Racine, Wis., based company servicing the sports officiating industry providing content and services to a wide variety of sports organizations including professional leagues, national governing bodies and local organizations. Accountabilities include developing long-term relationships with a group of clients, connecting with key business partners, liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful fulfillment of each partnership according to customer needs. Responsible for project-management, administrative and customer service duties, and sales and marketing. Must be a self-starter, highly-organized and detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple duties and responsibilities at once.
The position requires at least three years of experience in the field or in a related area, and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidates must become immersed in the sports officiating industry, quickly learning our industry’s concepts, practices and procedures pairing those skills with a strong proficiency in account management, project management and business administration to accomplish goals. Candidates must be self-motivated, and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, or other relevant role.
- Ability to work within a variety of teams, rallying colleagues, and effectively managing personalities, deadlines and priorities.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Advanced problem resolution skills and communication abilities.
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office (particularly MS Excel).
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs.