About the Illinois Green Alliance:
The Illinois Green Alliance (formerly USGBC-Illinois) is a member funded and directed non-profit organization working to transform the region’s built environment to become ecologically sustainable, profitable, and healthy. We accomplish this through education, advocacy and collaboration.
Founded in 2002, Illinois Green Alliance is the state’s only non-profit organization focused solely on green building and community design, construction, and maintenance with a membership that spans the entire spectrum of the Illinois green building community. We engage community leaders and utilize member expertise in education and community outreach through targeted programs and initiatives focused around green homes, communities, schools and existing buildings. Our members are driven by a belief that sustainable technology and building practices are key to strengthening neighborhoods and improving the quality of life for everyone.
Believing that the wide array of perspectives resulting from diversity and inclusion allows all organizations to be more effective, we are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in philanthropy and the nonprofit sector. We are also dedicated to greater diversity and inclusion within our own organization and provide equal opportunity to people of all races, ethnicities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, gender identifications, abilities, incomes, marital statuses, ages, geographic locations, philosophies, and veteran statuses in all levels of staff and governance.
Illinois Green Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
The Development and Communications Manager is a full-time position which aims to diversify fundraising and strengthen communications efforts that will ensure our members, donors, and community partners understand the case for support.
The Manager is responsible for the planning, creation and implementation of Illinois Green’s strategies related to our membership program, corporate and foundation support, on-line giving, and special fund-raising events. The position also oversees planning and strategy for marketing and communications, giving voice to the work we do by developing social media content, e-communications, and educational brochures on programs and events. This role is collaborative, and the person works collaboratively with staff, volunteers and board leadership on organizational campaigns, events, initiatives, and special projects. It’s a dynamic position with a great deal of opportunity for growth and new ideas.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to develop goals and strategies related to marketing and communications.
- Maintain our social media channels and collaborate on our social media strategy, developing and posting timely and engaging content that attracts new audiences, drives people to action, and inspires them to get involved.
- Collaborate on the development and production of annual reports, organizational brochures, flyers, mailings, and other print publications and cultivation pieces.
- Develop and manage portfolio of current and prospective donors capable of making major gifts.
- Develop and implement corporate fundraising initiatives and opportunities through targeted efforts and partnerships.
- Oversee Illinois Green special events in collaboration with Board and staff with specific focus on fundraising and communications components.
- Supervise contributions of related consultants –communications consultants, web-manager, graphic designer Serve as the staff lead to the Board of Directors’ Development Committee, working closely with the Committee to reach annual fundraising goals.
- Provide support to our seasoned group of volunteers in significantly profitable special event execution.
- Implement special awareness and educational events to enhance profile of organization and the community we serve
- Direct donation process including database management system (donor/prospect data, gift records, and engagement notes), gift acknowledgement, and identifying and tracking prospect solicitation activity.
- Serve as executive editor for the organization's website