Classification: Administrative Staff – Full Time
Reports to: Director of Communications and Marketing
The Communications and Marketing Strategist assists the director with the execution of innovative communications and marketing plans that reinforce the Carroll University brand and that support the communications objectives of multiple campus constituencies. Primary functions of the role include serving as an account executive/liaison to university clients, managing projects from inception to completion, and ideation for integrated marketing strategies that will help meet university marketing goals. This position also manages the official social media accounts for the university, with the responsibility to develop relevant, engaging content and execute strategies to grow reach and engagement with the university’s many constituents across all social platforms.
• Takes a prominent role in assisting the director in the planning, execution, and measurement of university marketing campaigns.
• Assists in the preparation of multi-platform, integrated communications plans that support short- and long-term university initiatives.
• Serves as a primary liaison to communicators across university departments and assists director in developing outreach strategies.
• Assists university clients in clarifying project goals and audiences to ensure that deliverables are on target in regard to messaging, brand voice and ROI.
• Manages all primary university social media accounts including budgets. Develops an annual, strategic communications plan that includes an integrated content strategy.
• Serves on crisis communication team.
• Serves as a thought leader in the use of cutting-edge social media tactics designed to build, inform and engage key university audiences.
• Researches, writes proofread sand copyedits university materials.
• Manages communications and marketing administrative and assists in management of intern(s).
• Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission.
• Additional duties as assigned.