Communications Senior Specialist
We’re passionate about improving lives through innovative sleep solutions. Join Sleep Number as we create a new future: a world with connected sleep at the center of well-being.
- 550 Sleep Number® stores with more than 4,000 employees nationwide
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah and a customer contact center in Louisiana
- Innovator in smart bed technology with Silicon Valley-based SleepIQ® LABS
- Exclusive owner of the end-to-end experience: manufacturer, marketer, retailer and servicer of the Sleep Number® bed
- More than $1.4 billion annual revenue in 2017
Communications Senior Specialist
As part of Sleep Number’s corporate communications team, the communications Specialist will work closely with the communications Director, and provide support to members of the public relations team by:
- Executing comprehensive and innovative communication plans that drive employee engagement for a wide range of initiatives.
- Delivering written and visual content across a variety of mediums, including internal editorial channels and a digital platform that allows employees to share curated content via social media.
- Supporting public relations strategies that increase awareness and consideration for Sleep Number products and corporate priorities.
- Communication planning: In partnership with members of the communications team, execute internal communication plans and programs that tell a cohesive story, engage team members and inspire action.
- Excellent writing: Serve as chief writer and editor for Sleep Number’s intranet. Write clear and compelling stories and other communication materials for internal and external audiences.
- Content management: Manage the editorial calendar and distribution logistics for companywide communications, and work with partners to identify opportunities to cross-leverage content internally and externally.
- Social advocacy program management: manage content and user-adoption strategies for an employee social media program.
- Partner management: build relationships and collaborate with key internal and external partners, subject matter experts and leadership to ensure the right audiences receive the right information at the right time.
- Public relations support: Support public relations activities, as needed, including writing, event support, daily media monitoring/ tracking, and other PR activities.
- At least 3 years of communications, marketing, Public Relations and/or social media related background required
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, integrated marketing, social media, or liberal arts degree.
Other specialized skills, abilities, working conditions:
- Exhibits strong writing skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization and influence decisions with tact and confidence.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing, results-oriented environment where priorities are constantly shifting.
- Strong customer-service orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration to contribute to a positive workplace.
- Able to handle highly sensitive information and situations effectively.
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, solve problems, be flexible, and work independently.
- Able to identify and follow a set timeline for approvals and distribution of content.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and social media channels.