Nelson Schmidt Inc.
ABOUT NELSON SCHMIDT INC.
We Deliver Customers.® Nelson Schmidt Inc. is an independent full-service marketing agency with offices in downtown Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin. As one of the Top 200 Marketing Agencies of 2019 according to Chief Marketer, Nelson Schmidt serves U.S. and international clients within select considered purchase industries. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network, ANA and PRSA. For more information visit www.NelsonSchmidt.com.
Nelson Schmidt is seeking a Content Specialist/Writer with 6+ years of experience to join our Milwaukee office.
- Contribute to content mapping and key message development across our client portfolio.
- Develop compelling content strategies across paid, earned and owned channels, using your deep knowledge and understanding of SEO, marketing automation, organic versus paid social, etc.
- As the agency’s lead content creator, develop case studies (written and video), white papers, webinars, eBooks, blogs, social content, native content and advertorials, landing page content, email content and web content.
- Manage project timelines across multiple client accounts and prepare regular status updates/reports for client meetings and calls.
- Manage junior-level content writer; work collaboratively with public relations account supervisors to create effective messaging and content strategies for a variety of client programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
- 6+ years of experience as a public relations professional, journalist or content creator.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling content across earned, paid and owned channels.
- Ability to turn complex or technical challenges into clear, crisp copy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Team player with “can do” attitude.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to travel between NS’ Madison and Milwaukee offices, and to client offices.
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.