Donaldson Company helps solve some of the world's most complex filtration and contamination control challenges, and is one of the largest global providers of unique filtration technologies and high-quality filters and parts. Our filtration technologies and products are used every day, in a variety of industries and environments, including aerospace, agriculture, construction, food and beverage, manufacturing, mining, power generation, transportation and many more. We have over 13,000 employees, and they are key to our success, supporting customers at sales, manufacturing and distribution centers from over 140 locations on six continents. The filtration market continues to grow. Customers' needs for filtration solutions continue to evolve. And the opportunities for our products and our people continue to expand.
Seeking a motivated and talented individual for the position of Director, Strategy and Marketing at the Bloomington headquarters of Donaldson Company. The Strategy and Marketing Director will lead the development and execution of the company’s strategic planning process, market intelligence framework, integrated marketing planning, strategic pricing initiatives and digital transformation roadmap. This leadership role will support the executive team in identifying potential new growth opportunities, acquisition targets, and new markets for the company. They will work with various entities and businesses within Donaldson to drive accelerated growth and profitability by executing the strategic priorities of the company.
Primary Responsibilities (with estimated time allocation):
40% - Strategy and Planning
- Responsible for managing the strategic planning process at the Corporate level and for the global Engine and Industrial businesses. Leads process development and refinement, market intelligence, and plan development with businesses and entities around the world.
- Develop and propose business strategies and tactics in coordination with the regional and global business leaders.
- Develop business plans for potential new growth opportunities and acquisition strategies to supplement our organic growth plans.
- Build and manage a high-performing market intelligence team to support the strategic planning process.
- Conduct assessment of market and industry attractiveness, competitive advantage, market share, competitor analysis and value chain analysis.
- Actively identifies and researches target market segments in order to assess/prioritize the best opportunities for growth.
- Monitor economic, market and competitor activities for the business. Coordinates research efforts with global and regional strategy and marketing leaders.
40% - Marketing Leadership
- Drive all phases of our digital strategy across business units and around the world. Leads the development and execution of our digital roadmap, including digital asset management, global website, eCommerce platform, marketing automation, CRM, social media and analytics tools.
- Champion and represent voice of the customer. Drive continuous improvement in the customer experience and journey. Identify, measure and manage key customer experience and satisfaction/loyalty metrics.
- Develop, implement and manage product and marketing plans, merchandising and promotional programs, catalogs and integrated marketing communication plans to drive the sales and profit objectives of the company.
- Develop relationships with key decision makers to understand business potential and identify how to deliver a differentiated value proposition to the market.
- Develop and implement global product brand strategies for existing and new product lines that enhance global market share and drive customer acceptance.
- Build brand awareness and brand equity through the implementation of a cohesive brand strategy globally.
- Lead market research initiatives that provide comprehensive market insights, competitive intelligence, brand positioning, customer needs analysis and future business opportunities.
- Lead strategic pricing analysis and initiatives that drive growth and optimize profitability in the organization.
20% - People, Technology and Budget Management
- Work collaboratively with business unit, regional and functional leaders to align team priorities and project staffing with the strategic objectives of the company.
- Collaborate and coordinate with international colleagues to globalize the strategy and marketing function.
- Build a world-class strategy and marketing organization. Hire, develop and lead a high-performing team. Team currently consists of 5 direct reports and 25+ indirect reports.
- Develop the Marketing Technology (MarTech) roadmap to drive our digital strategy.
- Manage vendors, agencies and external partners to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Prepare and manage annual strategy and marketing budget.