Founded in 1866, Carleton College is a small, private liberal arts college in the historic river town of Northfield, Minnesota. Best known for its academic excellence and warm, welcoming campus community, Carleton offers 33 majors and 31 minors in the arts, humanities, natural sciences/mathematics, and social sciences.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate workshop logistics including catering, hotel/dorm blocks, ground transportation, workshop materials, etc.
- Serve as the main point person for logistical planning and coordination for the annual Earth Educators’ Rendezvous conference. This requires travel to the Rendezvous.
- Manage the NAGT Booth and promote NAGT and SERC activities, events and resources at the Geological Society of America and American Geophysical Union meetings and other meetings as appropriate. This requires travel to the meetings.
- Design and implement marketing, outreach, and publicity efforts for SERC, NAGT, and SERC’s numerous collaborating projects in consultation with the SERC Director, NAGT Executive Director and project leadership.
- Manage and develop ad sales for NAGT.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Writing assignments as appropriate.
- Other tasks as assigned
Supervision Received and Exercised:
- The Events and Marketing Coordinator is supervised by the SERC Financial and Administrative Director.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.