The Wisconsin Agricultural Education Center WEAC (operating under the name of Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center) will educate people of all ages on the importance of agriculture with a focus on community, food process and safety, dairy production, other agricultural commodities, and environmental stewardship. The Center provides visitors with an understanding and appreciation of where their food comes from and the importance of agriculture in their lives. The Center will showcase Wisconsin's rich history and adaption to modern technology to serve the needs of the population.
The Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center opened its doors in July of 2018 after a successful $13 million dollar capital campaign to build the structure.
The Executive Director is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. Building a development and fundraising strategy to sustain ongoing operations will be one of the primary goals of the position. Position is responsible for clear and consistent messaging, educational programming, and effective outreach. Position is responsible for overall management and providing leadership to the management team.
This is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of what will become a leading tourist and community education attraction in Northeast Wisconsin.
Board of Driectors/Executive Committee
- Organize and attend all Board, Executive, and Standing committee meetings as an ex-officio member, providing materials, advice, and information as needed for the Board to make decisions.
- The Executive Director is bound to comply with any formalized directives of the WEAC's Board of Directors.
- Maintain a working knowedge of the laws and regulations associated with preserving WEAC'S 501(c)(3) status.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Board.
- Maintain the official minutes, By-Laws, and other documents.
- Assist the Board with execution of the strategic plan.
Budgets and Fiscal Management
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the WEAC, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsibl for fiscal management that generally antiipates operating within the approved budget and ensures maximum resource utilization.
2. Fundraising and Marketing
- Assist with the implementation of the fundraising plan under the direction of the Board.
- Assist Board with the development of materials to be used to demonstrate the organizations Vision.
- Cultivate effective personal relationships with private donors, foundations and businesses (actual and prospective).
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the Board of Directors, conduct official correspondence and execute legal documents.
Public Relations and Marketing
- Represent the Center as its spokesperson to the general public and seek opportunities to promote the Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center in public forums.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the media.
- Supervise and assist with the development of annual reports, newsletters, educational and promotional literature.
- Raise and maintain public awareness of the Center's accomplishments and goals.
- Establish good working relationships with community groups and organizations.
- Build and promote a successful membership program.
3. Organizational Operations
- Responsible for the direct supervision, hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff at the management level.
- Establish employment and administratiave policies and procedures for all functions and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instrumebts made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Act as liaison between the Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center and Lakeshore Technical College and Grotegut Dairy Farm.