Internal Communications Manager
Bethesda is a nation-wide Christian organization that provides homes and other services for people with developmental disabilities to help them live the lives they want. If you’re not just looking for a job and have a passion for helping others, you will find fulfillment at Bethesda.
Internal Communications Manager
Bethesda is seeking an experienced internal communications manager who will lead our national efforts to engage and inform our employee base, located across 13 states. As a member of the Marketing & Communications team, you will author and distribute communications that reflect the organization’s desired culture, values and behaviors. The ideal candidate will enjoy developing internal relationships that result in engaging organizational-wide communications for distribution through a variety of direct and electronic-based tools.
The ideal candidate must be able to think creatively, strategically and handle multiple projects with attention to deadlines and accuracy. Specifically, the essential job functions are to:
- Develop corporate internal communication strategy that is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision; develops and publishes timely company information in support of strategy.
- Write, proofread and disseminate information to employees using a wide array of internal communications that reflects a consistent overall tone and represents our brand image, including, but not limited to: the intranet and internet web pages, electronic and print newsletters, social and digital platforms, email, audio and visual communications and leadership communications.
- Works collaboratively with functional areas to design and implement effective programs to drive positive change in employee behavior and performance.
- Critical involvement in engagement with internal stakeholders to drive inspirational story generation and dissemination throughout the organization to inspire and engage employees in the future of the organization; corroborates information with management and/or HR to ensure validity and appropriateness.
- Provides strategic oversight and guideance for the SharePoint core team. Provides direction that supports the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the intranet. Provides and manages content for the completed intranet. Provides user guidance, troubleshooting and overall strategic oversight for the platform.
- Supports the CEO, executive team, HR and Board of Directors in written and spoken internal communications.
- Leads and executes the communication portion of cross-functional operations-driven projects.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related field required, along with a minimum of 8 years experience in marketing and communications, preferably for a nonprofit.
- Experience must include demonstrated writing, proofreading and editing abilities.
- Experience with intranet development or content management systems preferred, especially within a SharePoint environment.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Possession of a valid driver's license and a good driving record as defined by Bethesda.
- Up to a combined 10% week night, weekend event work and overnight travel required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods ot time.
- Frequent lifting, bending and carrying.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity respect, opportunity and full community inclusion.
- Must have a philosophy that is consonant with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of the organization.
- Must be able to think creatively, strategically and handle multiple projects with attention to deadlines and accuracy.
Benefits package includes:
- Medical and dental options
- Vision discounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short term and long term disability insurance
- Supplemental insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to 3% match