Are you looking to gain real world experience in a thriving, global financial services firm with an award winning culture? Consider an internship and start building your career at Baird.
Our intern program: Our intern program offers exposure to the business world and a meaningful work experience. Baird’s summer program includes an Intern Welcome Event in our corporate office in Milwaukee, multiple Lunch & Learns, a Brewer game at Miller Park, Baird Night at the Zoo, and many other informal events. Our interns have the opportunity to use a Baird Cares Day and be compensated to volunteer in the community. They are also eligible to apply for $8,000 in scholarships. Our informal mentor program gives interns an opportunity to network throughout Baird and learn about all the areas of the firm.
Hours: Part-time during the school semester, approximately 16-24 hours per week. During the summer, approximately 30-37.5 hours per week. We are looking for a local student who is able to start in May 2019.
As a Public Relations Intern, you will:
- Assist with Baird’s overall media relations efforts, helping create news releases and other media correspondence, developing media lists, tracking coverage, reprint coordination.
- Coordinate relevant news postings to Baird’s web sites and social media accountsConducts research for media relations purposesHelps fulfill reporter requests for Baird Research
- Help identify relevant and timely topics for pitching Baird spokespersonsAs appropriate, helps research, write and implement internal news stories
- Assists with communications and media relations efforts for community involvement and sponsorship opportunities as appropriate (ex. Baird Gives Back Week)
- Help research and fulfill Awards & Recognitions opportunities
- Actively participates in monthly PR team and M&C department meetings; attends and may present at internal client meetings
- Assist with educating Baird associates on the role of public relations and how it can help achieve the firm’s goals
- Help ensure PR approach and messages are consistent with Baird’s practices, culture and brand
- Performs other duties in support of team, department and firm projects and activities
What makes this opportunity great:
- Ability to work with a variety of teams and leaders, proving your ability to be flexible and highly adaptable.
- Team of associates passionate about achieving strong results for clients and while also giving to the communities where we live and work.
- Being part of a unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a strong sense of partnership.
- Opportunity to grow and be your best at work, at home, and in the community.
Who we are:
Baird is an employee owned, international wealth management, capital markets, private equity and asset management firm with more than 100 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Established in 1919, Baird has over $200 billion in client assets and more than 3,400 associates serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and municipal clients.Baird has built an environment of trust, respect and teamwork, where associates are our greatest asset. As stated in our Associate Promise, we are passionate about how we achieve great outcomes together for our clients, communities and each other. Committed to being a great place to work, Baird ranked No. 12 on the Fortune magazine 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2018, our fifteenth consecutive year on the list. Baird has also received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.