Key Account Manager
The Company: Good Foods
Good Foods Group is an innovative food company that manufactures and markets clean label, high quality, high pressure processed refrigerated foods and cold pressed juices.
We are a young and fast-growing company that focuses on state-of-the-art processes, eco-friendly initiatives and food safety as a priority. Management’s decades of collective experience and rapidly expanding business provides a great opportunity to grow with a well-positioned company. The Good Foods brand is sold in over 6,000 retail outlets throughout the US and Canada. Our mission is to be recognized as a leader in the multiple categories we represent.
We are seeking a highly motivated Sales Team Member to build and support West Coast Sales of our “better for you” products.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE HOME BASED IN A CITY NEAR AN AIRPORT IN THE WEST COAST REGION. The Good Foods headquarters in in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
- Develop new business opportunities by thoroughly researching and understanding the customer’s business model, expectations and market growth GFG Branded and private label products.
- Participate in and lead day-to-day sales activities, building new relationships and solidifying existing relationships. Be accountable for sales growth, budgeted monthly product movement, promotion planning, promotional fund and accrual management and filing distribution gaps.
- Maintain awareness in the development of sound market strategies, monitor industry trends, attend conferences and maintain focus on company growth objectives with a goal of maintaining/achieving a superior position in the industry.
- Successfully build sales volumes, maintain and grow profitability, and deliver exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to provide strategic sales, marketing and planning leadership to assure that both the present and future market potential for the business is fully identified, pursued and developed.Possess a strong working understanding of each customer’s strategy, organization, and decision-making process.
- Provide accurate product, pricing and volume data for all sales opportunities.
- Analyze account requirements and develop penetration plans to increase market share.
- Attend food shows, conferences and other industry related events to build relationships and identify new sales, market and product opportunities.
- Establish monthly, quarterly and annual sales projections.
- Develop semi-annual channel budgets that include revenue, expense and account profitability
- Work with Brokers, Distributors and other account/channel specialists to grow sales and develop broker and distribution partnerships to profitably grow sales and strengthen market opportunities.
- Recommend sampling, trail and promotional programs that result in new product sales and generate additional sales on existing products.Influence product mix to optimize account profitability.
- Establish strong internal and external communication channels associated with bringing on new business, launching new products, and in resolving customer complaints.
Please note: We are focusing specifically on candidates who have sold edible food products, preferably CPG, in the fresh food and better for you space/deli/produce. We are looking for the successful candidate to build on their own current and existing relationships with deli and produce buyers in retail. This position may not be the right fit for you if you have sold food packaging, paper goods, ingredients, etc. or if your experience in working in the target market is not current.