The responsibility of the Manager–Digital Operations includes developing and implementing the overall strategic direction of TDS’ customer-facing experiences (web sites) and digital marketing operations, including ILEC, CLEC and Cable operations. This position is also responsible for the research, development, design, usability, management, hosting and maintenance of TDS’ online marketing, e-commerce, and e-service operations and initiatives for both Commercial and Consumer teams, including:
- Managing overall site performance and revenue generation.
- Developing strategic operations plans for online initiatives; works closely with Consumer and Commercial Marketing Managers to collaborate on digital marketing strategies.
- Developing and implementing social media and blog integrations within digital experience.
- Managing and measuring Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEM/SEO).
- Budgeting and business case development for site/operations enhancements and new projects.
- Providing direction for legal/policy/procedure development for Internet marketing activities.
- Developing and tracking Key Performance Metrics (KPMs) to track the effectiveness of the site(s); recommending and implementing tactics to improve performance based on measurements
The person in this position manages a team including front-end designers web analytics expert(s), Internet marketing professionals, ecommerce specialist(s), quality assurance analyst(s), content management and email automation coordinator(s), and project management personnel. The Manager also works closely with the IS organization to communicate future projects and needs, and facilitates regular meetings and project plans between the groups to ensure all needs are met. The Manager also stays abreast of trends in the industry, and works with outside vendors to research and help identify applications needed to facilitate best-in-class website and digital marketing effectiveness.