Founded in 1908, Kahler Slater began as a regional provider of design services and has grown to become a global, award-winning firm. Today, through architecture, interior design and environmental branding, we leverage design to help our clients reach their strategic goals for advancing their organizations. We use a Performance-Based Design process that is grounded in research to ensure we design for change. With clients around the US, Canada and Singapore, Kahler Slater’s team includes marketplace experts in health care, higher education, corporate, living environments, hospitality, sports and wellness.
We are a Certified Great Place to Work®! Check us out at http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/kahler-slater-inc.
Work is performed in a pleasant, professional, creative, open office environment, with business casual attire. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours and will average 2,300 hours per year. Great flexibility in your schedule is both required of you and returned to you due to our many project deadlines and evening events. Out of town travel is expected to be infrequent, with the exception of frequent travel to our Madison office.
Kahler Slater’s mission is to enrich life and achieve powerful results through the places we design.
Join our nationally recognized “Best Place to Work” culture and creative workplace. We are seeking a proactive, energetic, detail-oriented individual with a strong marketing/communications background and a skill-set in Business Development to join us as a Marketing & Business Development Manager. This position serves our Business Environments team which covers several markets: corporate, hospitality, multi-family housing, and other privately-financed mixed-use capital projects.
The Marketing & Business Development (BD) Manager will report to / work closely with the leaders of our growing Business Environments (BE) team. This is a dual role focusing on two main areas; Marketing and BD. Under marketing, the focus is to plan and execute activities that are in alignment with the team’s business plan. This includes research, thought leadership, writing, proposal strategy, client retention and PR. This person will oversee the tactical implementation of items such as: research to gain key results data for our projects, the writing of speaking submissions, the writing of thought leadership pieces etc. The BD portion of the position is focused on building relationships across the team’s various target markets. This is often done through participation in key events and organizations; research and direct outreach to prospective clients and contacts and representing Kahler Slater in our key markets of Milwaukee, Madison and Richmond, VA.
This team member will also have very close working relationships with the firm’s centralized Marketing Team. The Marketing Team supports Kahler Slater’s marketing, PR, outreach, new business development, client retention, and graphics needs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guide the development, organization and progress of the marketing plan with BE leaders
- Organize marketing and new business development activities
- Lead the execution of key marketing strategies including research and thought leadership
- Through networking, identify, qualify and develop business opportunities for the BE team
- Network with other industry professionals to establish rapport, gather information and create referral relationships
- Provide direction to, and assist in, market research and the qualifying of leads
- Manage lead tracking and follow-up system
- Promote opportunities to position our thought leaders/leadership
- Lead the development of proposal strategy, content (writing and editing) and the development of presentation materials for interviews
- Keep current on trends by attending seminars, reading published information and through participation in professional organizations
- Assist the marketing team to support marketing needs for the firm