Marketing and Communications Specialist
Lifeworks Services Inc.
Lifeworks Services Inc. is a nonprofit organization that serves our community and people with disabilities as we live and work together. We have day program locations in Brooklyn Park, Eagan, Apple Valley, Mankato, and Hastings; community employment teams in Hennepin County and the East and South Metro Areas; and serve over 1,700 families through fiscal and in-home community-based services.
Marketing and Communications Specialist
Lifeworks Advancement Department is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Specialist for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve the organization’s business goals and priorities. Duties will include developing and publishing content on a variety of platforms to raise brand awareness and monitoring web traffic and metrics to identify best practices for organization.
- Collaborate with key partners and stakeholders to set short and long-term business goals and priorities and develop content based on those goals.
- Generate innovative ideas to promote the brand and our services while ensuring brand consistency through all marketing channels.
- Develop editorial calendar, create and publish engaging content, and use metrics to inform new activity and forecast on trends.
- Use customer feedback to ensure client satisfaction.
- Edit, proofread and improve content from key stakeholders, including external partners.
- Optimize web content according to SEO and use content management systems to analyze website and social media traffic and user engagement metrics.
- Liaise with media organizations and track all media coverage.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA, copyright, other data protection laws, and all Lifeworks policies.
- Ensure awareness of current trends in development methods and generate new ideas to increase customer engagement.
- Attend professional conference and maintain active certifications and memberships in professional associations.
- Define great performance for self and seek to continually develop skills to improve performances
- Follow safety procedures and assist in identifying safety needs for self and others.
- Contribute to the organization’s mission by complying with policies and procedures, using resources wisely and performing other duties as assigned as necessary.
Skills and abilities:
- Perform to a high standard of performance in changing circumstances, and is an advocate for change.
- Balance the need for consistency with advantages of changing behavior to match circumstances.
- Fully understand how political, commercial and practical issues influence change and anticipate the effect of these and change accordingly.
- “Zoom in” to detail quickly and accurately; check information; pick up inconsistencies and mistakes; make detailed comparisons between similar sources.
- Consistently demonstrate proper grammar and effectively utilize a broad vocabulary to convey thoughts, ideas, and actions.
- Structure complex ideas and situations to quickly and effectively convey messages to all audience types.
- Demonstrate active listening skills and engage in dialogue with stakeholders to understand deeper meanings and ideas.
- Effectively and accurately summarize complex ideas and situations.
- Demonstrate ability to apply logical analysis of long and short-term outcomes.
- Benchmark other organizations and consider best practices within and outside our industry before initiating change at Lifeworks.
- Support stakeholders as an expert and organizational resource within assigned functional area.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with people with variety communication styles with goal of expanding professional network.
- Assess own performance against role requirements and performance objectives.
- Must pass both a background study with the Department of Human Services; a pre-employment drug test; have a valid driver’s license; a clean driving record and reliable transportation to use for work driving purposes.
- Minimum of two years of experience creating and managing content and Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Strategic Communications, or other closely related field
- Hands-on-experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with social media
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated storytelling skills
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop are useful but not required
Lifeworks offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees.
- 10 paid holidays
- 18 days of PTO to the first year
- Competitive medical and dental insurance
- 403B retirement plan with company match
- Tuition Reimbursement