The Marketing and Events Coordinator at the Westown Association is a full-time, professional, salaried position responsible for special event production (Westown Farmer's Market, Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick's Parade, River Rhythms and Westown Golf Open) in collaboration with the Executive Director.
This role also includes administrative and marketing duties as well:
- Assist committee chairs with the creation of meeting agendas and sending out meeting notices for the Marketing and Events Committee
- Assist committee chairs with the running of the Marketing and Events Committee meetings
- Create minutes for Marketing and Events, Community & Economic Development, Board and BID #5 Meetings
- Create media kits and sponsorship packages with direction from Executive Director
- Draft press releases as needed and maintain updated media contact database
- Event photography - taking photos on a regular basis and organization of those photos for social media and other publications
- Work with graphic designers on the design and update of all print materials (letterhead, business cards, brochures etc.). Design & production of invitations for quarterly membership mixer or other print materials as needed. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and MS Publisher helpful.
- Assistance with organizing the yearly membership meeting and quarterly mixers.
- Maintaining and updating the website www.parkmilwaukee.com
- Writing and design of monthly e-newsletter - Knowledge of Constant Contact helpful
- Developing a social media plan thru Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc to promote Westown events and members
- Updating and design of westown.org and saintpatricksparade.org- Knowledge of Wordpress helpful