The Marketing and Events Coordinator at the Westown Association is a full-time, professional, salaried position responsible for working on a full schedule of special events (Westown Farmer's Market, Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick's Parade, River Rhythms and Westown Golf Open) in collaboration with the Executive Director. The position also helps to oversee administrative tasks in the organization's office.
This role includes marketing as well as administrative tasks:
- Create minutes for Marketing and Events Committee, Community & Economic Development Committee and board meetings
- Create media kits and sponsorship packages with direction from Executive Director
- Draft press releases maintain updated media contact database
- Event photography - photograph events and organize photos for social media and other publications.
- Design of brochures, letterhead, invitations etc. Experience with Photoshop, InDesign and MS Publisher required.
- Assistance with organizing yearly membership meeting and quarterly mixers.
- Maintaining and updating the website www.parkmilwaukee.com
- Writing and design of e-newsletter - Knowledge of Constant Contact necessary
- Developing a social media plan thru Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc to promote Westown events and neighborhood
- Update and design of westown.org and saintpatricksparade.org- Knowledge of Wordpress required
- Ability to follow and help develop event timelines, budgets and task lists
- Direct managment of all seasonal special event interns
- Responsible for onsite management of events - including set-up and take down
- Responsible for all invoicing, bank deposits, filing, helping to clean office and event storage, sorting mail and answering the phone