The Westown Association is seeking an unpaid Marketing & Events Intern for the spring of 2019 (January- May, 2019). From January to March, the intern's primary focus will be the 53rd Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin's St. Patrick's Day Parade. The parade is a great opportunity to be a part of a large scale Milwaukee event! Other marketing projects, as laid out below, will be the intern's responsibility and will be a great way for the individual to gain real-world experience.
Great internship for student with an interest in event-planning and majoring in public relations, marketing or any communications-related field! We strongly encourage the intern to receive school credit for the internship as we will work to help meet credit requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EVENT COORDINATION -
53rd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade (Saturday, March 9, 2019)
Assist staff with the organization, planning and execution of the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in downtown Milwaukee on Saturday, March 9, 2019. Duties will include:
- Organize the parade raffle
- Organize the VIP viewing area, etc.
- Assist with brochure distribution
- Write parade e-mail blasts and follow parade social media plan
- Draft parade press releases and assist with parade media kits
The intern should also be available on Friday, March 8th for the parade press conference and kickoff party.
- Write articles for our monthly e-newsletters and event e-mail blasts
- Assist with social media - Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Perform updates to www.westown.org and www.parkmilwaukee.com
- Assist with media list updates
- Assist in writing press releases
- Can assist in graphic design work if able
OFFICE MANAGEMENT -
- Maintain databases, mailing lists and vital records
- Help with general office functions including answering phones, greeting guests, office maintenance, mass mailings, meeting preparation and other projects as assigned