Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment?
Love juggling multiple projects?
Have a passion for writing and storytelling, and a knack for marketing?
Then consider joining our team of dynamic marketing professionals as a full-time marketing communication specialist and writing a new chapter for your career. Under the direction of the Director of Communications and Media Relations, the Marketing Communication Specialist performs general duties to include marketing and promoting the university, in accordance with MSOE's established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a brand journalist for MSOE, identify and create story and photo opportunities for use on MSOE's owned channels and in public relations efforts.
- Managing editor of Dimensions magazine: concept, write, edit and proofread articles and serve as project manager for the full-color university magazine. Cull information from students, staff, faculty, alumni and Regents. Work with in-house graphic designers and freelance photographers to coordinate artwork.
- Write compelling, results-oriented content as well as edit and proofread a number of university marketing pieces: booklets, signs, flyers, brochures, advertising, advertorials, website, radio spots, correspondence, books and other materials.
- Gather information, write copy for and disseminate four university electronic newsletters every month. Work with Alumni Affairs, Enrollment Management and IT to improve click-thru and open rates and publish relevant content. Also work with the MSOE Development and Alumni Affairs to develop email event invitations and giving campaigns. Stay up-to-date on email policies, performance metrics, and industry best practices. Assist university departments with e-newsletters as needed.
- Assist with maintenance of website copy, including updating profiles and developing new content as needed.
- Assist director of communications and media relations to promote media coverage of university activities and students as needed. This may include writing news releases, pitching stories to the media, tracking story placements, feature writing, advertorials, ad placements, etc.
- Assist with creating content for social media initiatives. May require some evening and weekend monitoring and management of social media.
- Work closely with team members and university partners to deliver a strong, consistent and cohesive brand identity and voice across all communications.
- Serve as an expert, detail-oriented project manager who collaborates effectively with key stakeholders across campus to develop high quality, engaging and error-free communications.
- Monitor higher education enrollment and marketing trends, tools and opportunities, and apply them to MSOE, when appropriate, to further enhance the university's marketing communications presence.
- Assist with development and project management of marketing-related projects.
- Assist with special events as assigned, occasionally in the evening or weekend.This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.