- Develop, manage, and implement AISC’s marketing communications strategy.
- Research curated content for the structural steel industry and develop a strategy for thought-leadership and content-marketing.
- Develop content/social publishing calendars with staff and ensure alignment with Modern Steel Construction’s editorial calendar.
- Develop Google Adwords strategy and implement effective plan to strengthen AISC’s brand among target audiences.
- Work with department heads to regularly review all AISC web content and work with stakeholders to make sure the content is current, interesting, and useful. This includes developing original content as required.
- Oversee the development and completion of AISC internal and external newsletters.
- Support AISC bridge and steel specialists in marketing and communication activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in all AISC departments to produce effective promotional materials.
Public Relations / Advertising / Special Projects:
- Build and strengthen relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Write and distribute official AISC press releases.
- Monitor press stories related to structural steel and AISC in order to maximize opportunities for positive PR and minimize any negative PR.
- Develop industry-wide advertising and promotional programs, and manage AISC’s advertising schedule.
- Manage and promote AISC’s numerous awards programs
This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills, and innovative thinking.