Hoerr Schaudt (prn: Hare Shout) is a team of landscape architects, urban designers and horticulturists who create innovative landscapes that delight on every scale – from intimate private gardens to vast public parks. Our devotion to craft and attention to detail help clients discover the unseen potential of their outdoor spaces.
Hoerr Schaudt is seeking a Marketing Director to work closely with our executive staff to create and implement a comprehensive strategy related to firm marketing and communications. The Marketing Director is responsible for monitoring the development of marketing support collateral and ensuring that all deadlines are met. The successful candidate for this position will also be required to work directly with the public relations team to create communication.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain editorial control on all marketing and public relations collateral that is released on behalf of the company
- Participate in and champion strategy and planning sessions for marketing and business development
- Strategize and develop new materials to support business development activities
- Work with principals and senior staff, to design, write, and produce proposals, presentations, and other marketing collateral in alignment with brand standards
- Perform multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines
- Gain comprehensive understanding of Hoerr Schaudt’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and capabilities, and understand how to capitalize on that experience
- Coordinate business development activities, including managing incoming leads, follow-up, and tracking of opportunity status and budgets
- Work closely with our public relations team to coordinate all media contact and ensure that the company consistently gets print and digital coverage
- Develop company marketing policies and communicate those policies to the entire organization
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing, communications, or public relations preferable in the design industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- Design industry experience required
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in creating successful marketing and public relations collateral
- Ability to work effectively in an environment with multiple deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong visual and storytelling ability used to develop marketing collateral and presentations in InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem-solving, multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and disposition that is positive and professional.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment with attention to detail and an emphasis on quality.