The Marketing Director will oversee all aspects of school-wide marketing plans and campaigns and works in conjunction with account executives and educational program managers to produce targeted marketing strategies and tactics for various audiences. The director will manage the operations of the marketing department with a staff of eight professionals and 4-6 student workers. The director will develop annual marketing plans for the SCE and specific program areas, requiring both strategic and tactical marketing skills. The director will also serve as part of the SCE leadership team and support a range of school marketing and operational projects. Under the general supervision of the Provost’s Deputy for Continuing Education, the Marketing Director is expected to be proactive, outgoing, organized, collaborative and detail-oriented, while also possessing excellent communications skills.
Marketing Department Management
- Mange all department operations and work flow. Ensure all work moves through the department smoothly and on time.
- Manage capacity of department and monitor job status, troubleshooting any problems.
Educational Program Area Marketing Coordination
- Oversee development of individual area marketing plans and coordinate those plans with SCE and UWM marketing guidelines and administrative policies.
- Responsible for all aspects of department human resources management. Including: hiring, training, evaluations, and professional development.
- Develop and manage department budget to ensure compliance with overall SCE budget goals.
- Ensure good communications within the department and between staff and SCE clients.
- Facilitate meetings and design other communication strategies, using conflict resolution and emotional intelligence abilities.
- Create and update annual SCE marketing plan and in conjunction with Account Executives create and update specific marketing department plans.
- Organize meetings to develop plans and ensure team buy-in.
The Marketing Director is responsible for developing and implementing an annual marketing plan for the SCE. A major focus is the direction of the SCE website, digital marketing, marketing research, digital analytics, channel plans, lead generation, and data management. The director is responsible for ensuring all members of the department interface effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Active member of SCE leadership team
- Attend monthly UWM marketing meetings
- Work with SCE support department to ensure smooth operations
- Ensure compliance with all SCE, university, and system policies
Professional Development and Service
- Appropriate professional development activities annually
- Service activities related to the university, community, and profession