Marketing Manager, Promotions & Events
Milwaukee Repertory Theater
About Milwaukee Repertory Theater:
The Rep ignites positive change in the cultural, social, and economic vitality of its community by creating world class theater experiences that entertain, provoke, and inspire meaningful dialogue among an audience representative of Milwaukee’s rich diversity. Producing over 700 performances in four distinct venues every season requires a team of dedicated, passionate and skilled people. Whether it be a 30+ year veteran employee or one who’s never experienced a Milwaukee winter before, everyone shares a common sense of purpose and determination that enables us to bring world-class theater to the stage. Season after season, our accomplished team never ceases to amaze!
Marketing Manager, Promotions & Events
The Marketing Manager, Promotions & Events is a new position that is responsible for devising, planning and managing external marketing and promotional outreach activities that will increase audiences, stimulate ticket sales and will help with awareness and audience retention and engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Director of Marketing to create and implement promotional events and strategies that will cultivate new audiences and deepen the connection of existing audiences.
- Manage, market and staff The Rep’s current community nights program while putting systems in place to evaluate the effectiveness of the program.
- Current community nights include, but are not limited to, ERG’s, Pride Night, AARP, DIVA Nights and YELP nights.
- Develop, implement, market and staff new promotional nights for the 2019/20 Season including College Nights and ACCESS performances.
- Procure in-kind food donations for promotional events at The Rep.
- Research and make connections/build relationships with vendors and community partner organizations and individuals that facilitate increased ticket sales.
- Research and create production-specific partnerships to increase target market awareness and sales.
- Working with Director of Marketing identify season specific promotional initiatives with community partners/organizations and take the lead on developing all aspect of promotion.
- Working with Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Marketing research and implement a new teen ticket program that includes measurables for success.
- Manage Milwaukee Rep’s representation at festivals and other events on-site as well as throughout the community to increase awareness of The Rep.
- Be responsible for promotional displays and management of Rep Swag for events on and off site including ordering, inventory and budget.
- Manage and staff our external distribution of materials around Rep productions and events including but not limited to: Rack cards, Posters, Bookmarks, etc.
- Be responsible for taking photos, video, posting to Rep social media platforms at events to promote awareness of The Rep.
- Responsible for taking RSVP’s for select Marketing events Provide support for Director of Media Relations at select PR events and functions
- Provide support to Subscriptions Coordinator for ACC VIP Experience
- Assist Director of Marketing with projects as assigned
- Hire, create and manage work plans for interns as desired/needed
- Attend staff meetings, marketing meetings and other meetings as required
- Attend Opening Nights as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, advertising, or sales with 2-3 years of office administrative experience.
- Experience in promotions and event planning.
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously on tight deadlines and to meet changing demands and to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate conversations with small and large groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary nonprofit arts venue or similar environment.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products: Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a CRM database system (especially Tessitura) is a plus.
- Experience or background in performing arts is a plus.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to maintain a valid drivers license is required for the position and access to a personal car is preferred.
- In compliance with federal law, the person hired in this position will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws.
Compensation and Benefits:
The Rep provides a salary structure at industry standard or better for each of its employees as benchmarked by Theatre Communications Group. Additionally, we provide benefits including 100% employer paid health insurance for individuals, an employer provided contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan, employer contributions to a health savings account as well as offering a health reimbursement arrangement, paid vacation, personal days and company holidays.