Since 1976, Steve Sazama and his team have sought to provide "The Finest" in dining and service. This initial concept met with great success in the Saz's State House Restaurant, inspiring a following dedicated to Saz's BBQ and exemplary service.
Over time, and to meet its ever-increasing demand, Saz's has expanded both its physical presence and its service line. Forty years later, Saz's Hospitality Group consists of; two catering facilities (Saz's Catering and Saz's Catering Lake Country), a gluten-free BBQ product line in addition to other area-favorite retail products, a solid festival presence at the Wisconsin State Fair and world-renowned Summerfest (among countless other festivals), Sazama's Fine Catering housed within the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, and operations and venue management at South Second, a unique event space in Walker's Point, Milwaukee. Suffice to say, Saz's knows how to entertain. Whether our clients are planning a corporate event for 25 or dining for 25,000 fairgoers, Saz's helps to simplify entertaining while assuring the complete success of event and menu planning. While Saz's has been aptly awarded for its established roots in Milwaukee barbeque, catering menus spanning the spectrum from casual picnic to formal wedding fare are also on tap from Saz's Catering, Saz's Catering Lake Country, and Sazama's Fine Catering.
Whether our clients working within established venue or corporate guidelines, or looking for a one-of-a-kind event, Saz's experienced staff will ensure success, uncompromising quality, and unfailing attention to every detail from conception through completion. After all, we're in the business of helping people have fun and create memories around food, and that's not a bad gig to have!
Saz's Hospitality Group has a one-of-a-kind role available to support and shape the brand of a Milwaukee institution and its eight unique segments. This full time role, offering a minimum of 30 hours of work each week, will operate out of our Walker's Point location and will have the freedom, upon hire, to establish a more flexible schedule during the business day.
Being a lover of Saz's BBQ isn't required (though it doesn't hurt!) but being a passionate Milwaukee champion is a must. Every submission for consideration must include a cover letter or other expression of interest. Portfolios of work are welcome and encouraged.
To be successful in this position, you'll need to be an creative self-starter with loads of energy to throw behind collaborating to tell the Saz's story. This team member will be an integral part of the marketing team and will work to create materials such as internal, external, web and social media content consistent with our culture and brand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Create, maintain and execute a social media content calendar, reflective of our comprehensive social strategy, for all applicable divisions of Saz’s Hospitality Group
- Develop and execute targeted Facebook/Instagram ads to maximize budget, drive conversions, and generate new leads
- Develop and maintain website content using WordPress and Squarespace, utilizing local SEO and content best practices
- Use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic, identify opportunities for site improvement, and on-site optimizations
- Promote products and services through public relations initiatives and community outreach
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive promotional material and digital asset inventory
- Manage restaurant loyalty program to identify opportunities for customer retention and to drive return visits through targeted loyalty campaigns and promotions
- Contribute fresh ideas and marketing strategies based on identified focus areas and client needs