AFFIRM is an award-winning, full-service marketing communications agency, located in Pewaukee, Wisconsin. Listed as one of the Milwaukee area’s top 25 agencies by the Milwaukee Business Journal for the past six years, we’re seeking a Media Buyer to join our team. We serve a wide range of B2B, non-profit, and consumer clients and specialize in social marketing campaigns for the public sector. From advertising and promotions to mobile marketing and branding, we work on integrated campaigns with a diverse group of clients including the Wisconsin Department of Transportation, the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Dane County Regional Airport, Long Island Rail Road, the Fireside Theatre, the Amato Automotive Group, Medical Society of Milwaukee, and more.
The ability to think critically and to creatively develop successful strategy, as well as the ability to establish trust and build a rapport with media vendors is essential. This person will work closely with all members of our team to meet the needs of our varied client list.
Specialized Responsibilities: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Participate in campaign planning to identify target audiences and craft effective strategy
- Analyze and research target audience character, purchasing and media habits
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Develop media schedules utilizing the appropriate advertising options to effectively reach each target audiences, and adjust schedules as needed
- Negotiate with various media outlets to execute media plans
- Assist in trafficking creative to various media outlets
- Monitor costs, key performance indicators (KPI) and return on investment (ROI)
- The ability to work as a team or individually
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Must be organized and detail orientated
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong and collegial working relationship skills and a high level of diplomacy in high-pressure situations are also required