This full-time position would allow you to join the Kern Family Foundation within the Entrepreneurial Engineering program. The program launched an online community for engineering faculty in early January, 2018. Our mission is to transform undergraduate engineering education by teaching an entrepreneurial mindset. EngineeringUnleashed.com, the home for this online community, has grown dramatically in the past year, so it’s vital to add a second dedicated community manager to focus on continued growth and engagement. This is a custom community platform tied to the Kern Entrepreneurial Engineering Network (KEEN), which consists of 43+ engineering colleges and universities, and you will be instrumental in shaping this community.
The Kern Family Foundation works to empower the rising generation of Americans to lead flourishing lives. One way the Foundation approaches this is by working with partners to instill the entrepreneurial mindset in undergraduate engineering students. KEEN is a national partnership of universities with the shared mission to graduate engineers with an entrepreneurial mindset so they can create personal, economic, and societal value through a lifetime of meaningful work. The entrepreneurial mindset is action oriented. It drives an individual to have curiosity about our changing world, to make connections from diverse sources to gain insight, and to create extraordinary value from unexpected opportunities. Engineers who develop both an entrepreneurial mindset and a solid technical skillset are prepared to thrive in a disruptive, ever-changing world.
That’s the backbone of the community. Now we need your help.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serving as a social leader and guide on EngineeringUnleashed.com to promote collaboration between members of the community.
- Developing and deepening relationships with partner institutions of KEEN and their faculty’s usage of the online platform.
- Creating and facilitating online events to keep community members engaged.
- Orienting, managing, and continuously engaging community members to deepen their sense of community.
- Increasing community membership and converting newcomers into regulars.
- Establishing and improving community guidelines, FAQs, and moderation policies.
- Moderating, organizing, and improving content.
- Actively connecting to members for feedback and tracking member activities to continuously improve the site and community.
- Providing reports to internal and external stakeholders on metrics for community success.
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of email campaigns (both newsletters and automated processes).
- Promoting the site and community on social media.
- Identifying, creating, moderating, and supporting sub-groups within the community.
- Working with the Digital Media Director to establish and promote the culture of the community.
- Travel expected 10-20% of the time.