The Communications Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and leads communications and promotional programs aimed at educating the public about the Wisconsin cranberry industry and its growers in Wisconsin, maintaining a strong reputation for the industry, and promoting the consumption of cranberries.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working with the Executive Director and Public Relations Committee to develop an industry public relations and communications plan
- Implementing the public relations and communications plan, including various communications and marketing initiatives
- Developing content for and managing WisCran.org website and Wisconsin Cranberries social media channels content and strategic ad program
- Writing and editing various communications materials, including newsletter articles, annual reports, program books, news releases, pitch letters, talking points, articles and blog posts
- Conducting media relations efforts on behalf of industry, including managing reactive and proactive news opportunities
- Managing WSCGA’s partnership/sponsorship program, including logistics and contract negotiation
- Managing approximately 10-15 sampling events each year, including on-site event logistics, staffing, volunteer recruitment, etc.
- Managing WSCGA’s State Fair activation, including product and booth logistics, booth staff training, media relations and marketing
- Coordinating and marketing the Made with Wisconsin Cranberries program, including establishing and promoting partnerships