Public Relations Director
Nelson Schmidt Inc.
ABOUT NELSON SCHMIDT INC.
We Deliver Customers.® Nelson Schmidt Inc. is an independent full-service marketing agency with offices in downtown Milwaukee and Madison, Wisconsin. As one of the Top 200 Marketing Agencies of 2019 according to Chief Marketer, Nelson Schmidt serves U.S. and international clients within select considered purchase industries. Nelson Schmidt is a member of MAGNET, the Marketing & Advertising Global Network, ANA and PRSA. For more information visit www.NelsonSchmidt.com.
Public Relations Director
In this role you will help set strategy, direct team efforts and personally contribute to modern content marketing, social media and public relations initiatives for a diverse set of clients. As both a thought leader and practitioner you can make your mark in our business by helping us shape contemporary solutions for clients and grow a healthy public relations practice inside the agency. You will work closely with both agency and client leadership while contributing to a variety of integrated campaign initiatives. We are looking for candidates nationally with the flexibility to work from both of our Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin offices.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead, grow and contribute to a modern public relations and content marketing practice that contributes to owned, earned and paid media strategies within an integrated agency environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (clients and agency personnel) to develop insightful strategies for content development and distribution through multiple channels.
- Set strategy and oversee activation of social media, media relations and content marketing initiatives along-side creative, digital, media and account teams.
- Manage a team of professionals to produce best-in-class work that achieves results.
- Represent a modern public relations practice inside the agency for both current clients and in new business opportunities.
- Inspire a culture of high-performance, camaraderie, continual learning and best practice sharing within the agency.
- Drive team accountability for results in the work we deliver and provide consistent feedback for improvement.
- Proactively meet and build relationships with exceptional public relations talent who could be future team members.
- Take responsibility for budget management, estimates, forecasting and invoicing.
Key Requirements Include:
- Ten+ years of leading a successful public relations practice at a modern, high-performing agency with high-profile accounts.
- Experience in both consumer and business-to-business is preferred.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in journalism or public relations required.
- Well-rounded experience in media relations, social media management, content creation and distribution, brand reputation management and corporate communications.
- A critical thinker with the ability to develop informed strategic plans that meet client goals, as well as agency/staff needs.
- Demonstrated experience with public relations programs that included significant traditional and digital strategies and tactics.
- A master of written and verbal communications.
- Extremely strong presentation skills. Can use the art of “storytelling” to communicate with clients and prospects.
- Strong organizational and management skills that facilitate concurrent projects, resulting in great work, delivered on time.
- Flexible and unflappable spirit. Can adapt to changes in workload, priorities and working conditions at a moment’s notice, while maintaining a positive attitude. Can lead others through change.
- Exudes an entrepreneurial spirit and consistently serve business-building ideas to the team.
Excellent salary and benefits including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(K) plans, and paid vacation including Christmas to New Year’s off.