The reporter generates news and feature stories for each edition of the Catholic Herald, as well as for special sections. The editor/reporter is expected to be in the field talking with priests, deacons, and lay leaders of parishes and schools in the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. Specifically:
- Generate four news and/or feature stories per week, from at least 2 different counties of origin.
- Write 4 news shorts and/or stories for the website daily.
- Develop 2 social media postings daily for possible use
- Participate in editorial meetings, generating ideas for news/feature stories.
- Be responsible for compiling “news briefs,” round-ups, calendar each, etc., issue, as assigned.
- Assist in the proofreading process.
- Develop and pitch 1 idea for potential multi-part “series” each quarter and write stories as assigned.
- Develop, write and edit stories for special editions like Family or Mature Lifestyles.
- Take print quality photographs to accompany print and digital stories, as well as photographs for social media.