Serving Minnesota for nearly 100 years as a leader in workforce development, Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota provides education, job training and placement services to eliminate barriers to work and independence. Revenue from 50 retail stores, along with other contributions, supports programs throughout MN. Our “donate-shop-reuse-educate-employ” model diverts over 60M pounds from landfills annually and brings us one step closer to a world where everyone experiences the power of work.
A world where everyone experiences the power of work.
To eliminate barriers to work and independence.
Our efforts are guided by a core set of values that steer our everyday decisions to fulfill our mission in the community:
- Continuous Improvement
The Senior Communications Specialist serves as the content-creator and hub of copy for marketing. This role is the “institutional voice”, responsible for implementing Goodwill-Easter Seals communications plans to support multiple stakeholders: video, media relations/tracking, social media, revenue-producing project/events and production of marketing materials. Overseeing social media strategy, working collaboratively on employee communication and ensuring a consistent institutional voice across all channels of the organization is key to success.
In collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Director, develop and implement communication strategies to achieve annual goals, working to preserve the Goodwill-Easter Seals brand.
- Manages and writes content for print and digital marketing vehicles: video scripts, blog posts, email blasts, donor newsletters, brochures and intranet site.
- Develops and leads a consistent institutional voice, clear and concise across all platforms.
- Writes and edits internal and external communication materials such: talking points, memos, executive presentations and FAQs to support the organization.
- Direct oversight of internal and external communication initiatives in collaborates with Marketing Director and Marketing team.
- Assists with agenda planning and events, coordinating cross-functional team meetings and media attendance at store openings.
- Implements annual communications plans for the organization.
- Assists with crisis communication as needed, monitoring media for stories and headlines that could require a response from GESMN.
- Works to improve awareness of GESMN mission, services and programs.
- Maintains key relationships and partners with internal stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and accurate content across the organization. Respects participant privacy and protocol.
Marketing Strategy Support:
Key player in media/public relations, supporting social media and special projects to enhance the visibility and understanding of the Goodwill-Easter Seals mission.
- Conducts media outreach, creates and manages media opportunities, building and leveraging existing contacts and new relationships with local media outlets.
- Manages email marketing platform, sends scheduled blasts and ensures accuracy of content and links.
- Execution of marketing/communications plans and executes tactics for several areas of GESMN, including social media, email marketing and other channels.
- Serves as the “content hub” for multiple platforms, including traditional and digital marketing, website, blog and social media.
- Works closely with webmaster and marketing team to identify opportunities to appear as a leader in the industry and keep up-to-date on community conversations and issues.
- Manages media lists and other key contacts lists; creates efficient distribution channels for media releases and other advisories. Reports on media hits and impact.