St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
St. Catherine University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. St. Catherine University strongly encourages applications from those who identify as diverse in terms of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status and/or religion.
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Senior Marketing Specialist in the Office of Marketing & Communications. The Marketing and Communications team is a group of storytellers who create engaging and dynamic marketing messages and materials that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate’s, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission. The Senior Marketing Specialist is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, helping to develop engaging and thoughtful content to promote the University in a variety of media and across multiple channels. This position works cross-functionally with our internal partners and clients to meet strategic goals, develop effective marketing materials and campaigns, and help drive organizational growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related liberal arts major.
- A minimum of three years in marketing, communications, media relations, public relations, or journalism. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong analytic skills; comfortable and confident pulling together performance reports and insights using various brand monitoring platforms, such as Meltwater, Google Analytics, or Sprout Social.
- Ability to translate deep customer insights into content strategy approach that is personalized, relevant and strategic.
- Ability to understand and tailor content for a variety of audiences, including prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, and more.
- Understanding of essential elements of effective marketing campaigns (branding, messaging, sales collateral, PR, advertising, direct marketing, Web, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communications, team management, and client management skills.
- Superior AP-style writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Google suites.
- Flexibility and the ability to work well with ambiguity, ability to meet tight deadlines, and juggle numerous projects and prioritize work with strong follow through.
- Ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.